PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Poker 1000% to $10000 bonus.

fluff
09-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Surprised that this hasn't been posted here. Bonuswhores has a special deal with HP for this long term (1 year) bonus. The first $9000 is cleared at 15x points and the last $1000 is free after you cleared $9000.

However, with the new pokerroom/skin rake structure, I'm not sure if this bonus is better than rake back, at least probably not in the lower levels.

m bozeman
09-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I just saw that at bonuswhores. All you have to do is deposit $1,000 to get the $10,000 bonus. Not sure if the bonus clears quickly enough; besides, with all of these other bonuses I am trying to clear, I might not have time to get around to it!

smartalecc5
09-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Not sure if the bonus clears quickly enough

^^understatemnt of year. You are effectively loking at half a year to clear that thing.

Sykes
09-01-2005, 11:13 PM
Wow. How are the games there?

PokerGoblin
09-02-2005, 12:00 AM
On the conservative side of things if you earned a point a minute, 135,000 points would take 2250 hours. That is about the average 40 hour work week for an entire year. Often at PR the games are not good during the earlier parts of the day, and there is generally not enough traffic to have very many high stakes games going.

I can't see many lower stakes players taking advantage of this. Furthermore, PR has a policy that if you withdrawal during the bonus period before clearing you forfeit the bonus. Tying up $1k (plus whatever you win)for that long is -ev for a lot of players.

You can make 10k in bonuses a hell of a lot easier than that, and you get to get paid as you go, although a 10k chunk of cash at the end would be pretty cool.

PG

xorbie
09-02-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On the conservative side of things if you earned a point a minute, 135,000 points would take 2250 hours. That is about the average 40 hour work week for an entire year. Often at PR the games are not good during the earlier parts of the day, and there is generally not enough traffic to have very many high stakes games going.

I can't see many lower stakes players taking advantage of this. Furthermore, PR has a policy that if you withdrawal during the bonus period before clearing you forfeit the bonus. Tying up $1k (plus whatever you win)for that long is -ev for a lot of players.

You can make 10k in bonuses a hell of a lot easier than that, and you get to get paid as you go, although a 10k chunk of cash at the end would be pretty cool.

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonus clears in increments of $50....

badplayer
09-02-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, PR has a policy that if you withdrawal during the bonus period before clearing you forfeit the bonus. Tying up $1k (plus whatever you win)for that long is -ev for a lot of players.

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe PokerRoom has this policy. I've deposited for a bonus and withdrawn most of the deposit within days. The bonus is still there. Can't say if Hollywood has the same policy or not.

pheasant tail (no 18)
09-02-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, PR has a policy that if you withdrawal during the bonus period before clearing you forfeit the bonus. Tying up $1k (plus whatever you win)for that long is -ev for a lot of players.

[/ QUOTE ]

from BW's web site:
[ QUOTE ]
Players may withdraw all or a portion of their deposit without forfeiting the bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.bonuswhores.com/hollywood-poker.php

PokerGoblin
09-02-2005, 08:41 PM
OK I stand corrected.

Maybe it is just their initial deposit bonus.

I hadn't realized it was released $50 at a time.

PG

Bill Poker
09-02-2005, 08:55 PM
its 33.33% rake back.
[ QUOTE ]
layers must earn 15 player points for each $1 in bonus money.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5 player points are awarded for every paid dollar in entry fee

[/ QUOTE ]

pheasant tail (no 18)
09-02-2005, 09:34 PM
I just signed up and will post a breif report of HP. I wanted to see if it would be possible to just bust ass and 4-table 3-6 to 10/20 (depending on games and make 15k hands by reload period (12 days) so I could deposit another $1k and do it again if I wanted to.

The software sort of sucks. It is sooo busy and it is hard to know who has called and how many are in a pot. Really fancy design--you could see them at a board meeting thinking that it was much cooler than party's. In reality though, all the colors sort of blend together and you feel like you dropped a stack of greens on the Bellagio's carpet. It would be very difficult for me to 4-table here and play close to my best.

The games seem good there. I played a bit of 5/10, 10/20 and 3/6. Whatever, they are beatable I'm sure.

Very slow uploading sights and not very many games so you will have to take what you can get. And it will take 15k hands that are raked over $1 so at lower limits it will be at least 20k hands in my opinion.

Conclusion: IF you do the math you will find that RBack on party is more lucrative than this deal. I won't be playing there to chase a bonus, but I might check out the games from time to time to see if they are good.

PT