PDA

View Full Version : Help with this hand (did I play it badly!)

09-01-2005, 06:54 PM
Guys

I'd like some help with this hand if you can. It's one of those where I felt I should have made more money from it but didn't. I'd like to hear how others would have played it.

The site I use does not go through the converter so I've tried to do it by hand. If I've left anything out or it's unreadable just tell me what you need to know or how better to format it.

Thanks

$0.05/$0.10 NLHE Cash game.

SB $15.00
BB $3.08
LP1 $5.59
Hero $10.49

Preflop Hero is LP2 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif
LP1 Calls for 10c, Hero Calls for 10c, SB completes, BB checks (all others folded)

Flop (Pot 40c) 10/images/graemlins/spade.gif 10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (4 players)
SB checks, BB check, LP1 bets 10c, Hero Calls, SB Calls, BB folds

(at this point I'm thinking that I don't want to scare anyone out with a big bet)

Turn (Pot 70c) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
SB checks, LP1 bets 10c, Hero raises to 30c, SB folds, LP1 calls

(feel like I have to start building the pot but again don't want to scare everyone away)

River (Pot $1.30) 10/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
LP1 bets 10, Hero raises to 50c, LP1 calls

(Ok, well I've won, I just can't decide on the final bet. I want it to be called obviously but how much?)

Final pot $2.15, Hero wins with 4 of a kind 10's

My table image at this time is of a tight player, this is why I'm struggling to not scare people off as a big bet from me in the previous hands has been with the cards I'm representing.

I've left off my opponents cards for the minute as it clouds the question of what to bet if you know what he had. I'd appreciate anyone spending the time to look at this.

amoeba
09-01-2005, 06:59 PM
raise the flop. they will call you.

if they lead to you again on the turn after the flop raise, smoothcall the turn. 89 is rare but possible.

play the river strong and reraise up to size of pot.

nuSFwck
09-01-2005, 07:01 PM
It's important to know how much quid each player in the hand has at the table.

As for the hand, I think you played it pretty well. I like the size of your turn bet, and I don't think you'll get called on the river if you raise anymore than you did. NH.

09-01-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's important to know how much quid each player in the hand has at the table.

As for the hand, I think you played it pretty well. I like the size of your turn bet, and I don't think you'll get called on the river if you raise anymore than you did. NH.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I understand you correctly you need stack sizes right?

At the start of the hand

SB $15.00
BB $3.08
LP1 $5.59
Hero $10.49