PDA

View Full Version : Why am I a donkey?

MyTurn2Raise
09-01-2005, 05:19 PM
after 40k limit o8 hands, I have some observations. I'm a winning player, but far far below optimal. My idea is to list some annoying tendencies I have and then y'all can comment or list another thing.

Why am I a donkey?
1. Tilt--not often--but enough to cost me .25BB/100 hands i think
2. I spend too much time cruising 2+2 and other such things on 2nd monitor while playing
3. I cannot fold AAxx preflop or on bad flops often enough
4. I chase on one low card flops with ABC and no chance at high.
5. I call on rivers when previous callers suddenly lead out, like when my nut flush sees the river pair the board.
6. I look for reasons to play instead of reasons to fold.
7. I am still not quite comfortable with the aggression level for omaha8. Hold'em has made me push to hard.

...to be continued

Mendacious
09-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Good post.
These are all traps that creep up in my play and drag me down.

This hand where I was guilty of #'s 1,2,5 & 6! on your list and went from having a nice easy morning ahead, to in the dumps:

http://www.imagerage.com/pic3/gJi12454.jpg

You'll note that when I said "Damn it" I knew I was screwed both ways, but just could not fold it. On the chance I still had 1/2 of the pot!

Buzz
09-01-2005, 06:58 PM
MyTurn2Raise - Seems like you recognize and have identified a problem you feel you have. That seems like a logical first step in solving any problem.

Listing areas of concern seems not a bad way to put things in proper perspective.

Good luck in finding a solution.

Buzz

MyTurn2Raise
09-01-2005, 07:36 PM
8. I call too often on flop bet to take a 'cheap' one off to see if i can make a strong high for half the pot.

Beavis68
09-01-2005, 07:45 PM
I capped a river the other day with the nut flush and 2nd nut low with an easy straight on the board - only to realize I didnt have the flush and my opponent had the straight and nut low.

Cant do that one too often.