PDA

View Full Version : A story from high school

Sponger15SB
09-01-2005, 04:26 PM
So, from basically when I was born till I was in high school I was a Christian who went to church every sunday and whatever. Not exactly the best one but I had a stricter moral code and better faith than most people I knew. In high school I joined a religious organization called Young Life. (http://www.younglife.org/default.htm) Where we would do certain fun activities and go to summer camp and all that crap. During the school year every week we would go to a persons house and hang out and then one of the leaders would give like a little bible talk or sermon or whatever.

During my junior year of high school I got the idea (from god, of course) that I could make a positive moral impact in my friends and people who were in young life by giving a talk myself instead of one of the leaders. That they would learn and understand the word of god better if it was someone that they could related to and knew personally. So I approached them about this and they of course loved the idea. I decided talk about what the bible says on 1) swearing 2) sex 3) drinking and give little anecdotes about what I had done in my life in the face of temptation and how it made me a better person. The whole thing went off really well and everyone was really impressed.

Unfortunantly, all three of those things are really fun to do and nobody I knew from young life actually held all this up and we're all horrible sinners today.

http://www.geocities.com/boogiemaster15/BeerFridge.JPG

woodguy
09-01-2005, 04:37 PM
A dead-again Christian?

Are you a horrible sinner, or a wonderful hedonist?

Regards,
Woodguy

Boris
09-01-2005, 04:38 PM
I think it's extremely common for the good kids in high school to go hog wild when they get to college.

LetYouDown
09-01-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's extremely common for the hot virgins in high school to go hog wild when they get to college.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

Piiop
09-01-2005, 04:46 PM
This is an extremely weak FYP.

To Sponger: You look like a guy who giggles a lot.

kipin
09-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Are your parents religious? I know you mentioned previously about your brother being a jesus freak, I'm just kind of curious if it was passed down from your parents.

thatpfunk
09-01-2005, 06:16 PM
Club A?

jokerthief
09-01-2005, 06:17 PM
What are you doing drinking that [censored]?

Dynasty
09-01-2005, 06:20 PM
If somebody has their TV on top of their refridgerator, what's the likelihood of them being a college student?

oddjob
09-01-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

almost all college kids drink that [censored]. the only ones who don't are rich assholes.

TheMainEvent
09-01-2005, 06:24 PM
<-----

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunantly, all three of those things are really fun to do and nobody I knew from young life actually held all this up and we're all horrible sinners today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alobar
09-01-2005, 07:25 PM
My first year in college I hung out with the campus crusade people.

I thank god everday that I realized how big a mistake that was /images/graemlins/smile.gif

chabibi
09-01-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

almost all college kids drink that [censored]. the only ones who don't are rich assholes.

[/ QUOTE ]

blow me shmuck. Im a rich [censored] because im smarter than you were at my age.

ClaytonN
09-01-2005, 07:35 PM
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7130/sponger21cf.jpg

SomethingClever
09-01-2005, 07:37 PM
When I was a freshman in college I sorta dated a girl who was in Young Life.

No offense to anyone involved in it, but it felt a little cultish to me.

I dunno... seems like by the time you reach college age you should be mature enough to set your own boundaries without being part of a weird puritanical group.

This is not in reference to you Sponger. You've freed your mind.

oddjob
09-01-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

blow me shmuck. Im a rich [censored] because im smarter than you were at my age.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you for proving my point.

jokerthief
09-01-2005, 08:19 PM
So the only way to be a non-[censored], in your book, is to drink shitty beer?

oddjob
09-01-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So the only way to be a non-[censored], in your book, is to drink shitty beer?

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely.

this is OOT right? sarcasm is standard, no?

to clarify, everyone in college is an [censored].

lucas9000
09-01-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
During my junior year of high school I got the idea (from god, of course)

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure if this was meant to be funny, but i thought it was. well played.

phil_ivey_fan
09-01-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, from basically when I was born till I was in high school I was a Christian who went to church every sunday and whatever. Not exactly the best one but I had a stricter moral code and better faith than most people I knew. In high school I joined a religious organization called Young Life. (http://www.younglife.org/default.htm) Where we would do certain fun activities and go to summer camp and all that crap. During the school year every week we would go to a persons house and hang out and then one of the leaders would give like a little bible talk or sermon or whatever.

During my junior year of high school I got the idea (from god, of course) that I could make a positive moral impact in my friends and people who were in young life by giving a talk myself instead of one of the leaders. That they would learn and understand the word of god better if it was someone that they could related to and knew personally. So I approached them about this and they of course loved the idea. I decided talk about what the bible says on 1) swearing 2) sex 3) drinking and give little anecdotes about what I had done in my life in the face of temptation and how it made me a better person. The whole thing went off really well and everyone was really impressed.

http://www.geocities.com/boogiemaster15/BeerFridge.JPG

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I did that young life stuff. cool, but I was never sold on the whole JC stuff...

oh and get a bigger tv sissy-boy

-Skeme-
09-01-2005, 09:41 PM
How much do you weigh?

jakethebake
09-01-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How much do you weigh?

[/ QUOTE ]

this made me laugh.

LethalRose
09-01-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How much do you weigh?

[/ QUOTE ]

what an odd question

you trying to figure out if you can take him?

-Skeme-
09-01-2005, 10:03 PM
I'm pretty sure I could take him.

Sheepscot
09-01-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

you trying to figure out if you can take him?

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it

http://www.icalledshotgun.com/photodirectory/-skeme-.jpg

sublime
09-01-2005, 10:05 PM
that picture is hilarious

Hiding
09-01-2005, 10:11 PM
muscles of rubber band

thatpfunk
09-01-2005, 10:11 PM
skeme looks frighteningly similar to my roomate.

-Skeme-
09-01-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I doubt it

[/ QUOTE ]

A picture of my face.. definitely a great way to judge how tough someone is.

[ QUOTE ]
skeme looks frighteningly similar to my roomate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even think I look like that in that picture. Horrible resolution from a shitty camera. Meh.

whiskeytown
09-01-2005, 10:21 PM
you just said that cause you were trying to get laid -

I know that born again scene - to score, you must first look as holy as possible, LOL

yah, I fell pretty far off the track too - but didn't get any high school sex or college sex - that just depresses me to this day.

RB

thatpfunk
09-01-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
muscles of rubber band

[/ QUOTE ]

his fists, like rocks on a string- dangerous.

DCJ311
09-01-2005, 10:31 PM
Why does it seem like your head is disproportionately large compared to the rest of your body?

Vince Young
09-01-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why does it seem like your head is disproportionately large compared to the rest of your body?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because he has a normal-sized head.

09-01-2005, 11:48 PM
I like you, you're funny.

polltard