PDA

View Full Version : FF - discuss WR

West
09-01-2005, 04:12 PM
I'm doing a FF league for the first time in a few years (I normally only do basketball these days), and have my draft coming up. I feel like I have a bit of a handle on RB, trying to get up to speed on WR. Anyone want to share your key tips, sleepers, guys to stay away from, local insights, top WR rankings?

My league has 2 RB slots, 3 WR, no flex spot, AFAIK.

Example: done a little reading so far. Travis Taylor seems like he could be a sleeper in Minnesota (no idea where he normally goes in drafts now).

lastchance
09-01-2005, 04:53 PM
I don't have any advice, cuz I bite, but someone offered me Burleson for Driver, and I was wondering if I should take it.

I'm thinking I should.

bugstud
09-01-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have any advice, cuz I bite, but someone offered me Burleson for Driver, and I was wondering if I should take it.

I'm thinking I should.

[/ QUOTE ]

now.

I would take it now

Victor
09-01-2005, 05:29 PM
heres my wr rankings.

moss
holt
c. johnson
harrison
owens
j. walker
joe horn
andre johnson
reggie wayne
mark clayton
darrel jackson
nate burleson
hines ward
steve smith
crhis chambers
jimmy smith
roy williams

sam h
09-01-2005, 06:21 PM
This is very relevant to my draft tonight, so let me jump in with a mini-hijack.

Top six seems very clear to me, in some order:

Moss
Holt
Johnson
Harrison
TO
Walker

After that it gets murky. Unfortunately, this is where I'll be picking in all likelihood. Specifically, what do people think about Clayton? Not that many WRs have rookie years like that and I think the Bucs offense will be better overall and that Griese will be more comfortable. What is the case for picking either Horn or A. Johnson over him?

The Armchair
09-01-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking I should.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm as low on Burleson as anyone out there, and I'd make this trade six days a week and twice on Sunday.

The Armchair
09-01-2005, 08:08 PM
I agree those are the top six or thereabouts, but the line is so thin it's not one worth drawing.

The next group of WRs are so close to each other that it's hard to make a mistake. I'd go with Hines Ward or Andre Johnson myself.