PDA

View Full Version : The Champ has vanished!

Linden_Arden
04-17-2003, 05:21 PM
If anyone sees the champ- please pitch him a dime- so he can update his website. Where you go chumpers? Must be on vacation with all the money he beat me out of.

MS Sunshine
04-17-2003, 05:31 PM
ROFLMAO

Please we want to know more.

MS Sunshine

Glenn
04-17-2003, 05:40 PM
Say you have an infected ingrown toenail. It it really annoying and bothers you constantly. It is ugly and painful. Finally, after taking care of it for a while, the infection finally begins to subside on its own. Do you then start jabbing it with a rusty nail just to see what color it turns this time???

Linden_Arden
04-17-2003, 05:48 PM
Oh man Glenn- that was [censored] hilarious.

The 'onlinechamp' and i have battled many times. He wont play me anymore- despite his claims of superiority.

All the rumors youve heard about him? All true.

Delicately skilled yet unabashedly aggressive. He makes no apologies for his throngs of loyal supporters- nor should he. They're well deserved. This guy is the real deal.

Jealous? Sure im jealous.

Do i have a website? No.
Do i have throngs of loyal supporters? Well- um- no.
Do my posts- have 36 replies? No.

Theres an on-going debate on pokerstars lately about who has the ugliest picture. I say its champ. Despite his great skill. Those are some of the ugliest damn glasses- ive ever seen.

On the other hand- there are some that say- it looks like im taking a large *ahem* up my ass. Either that or i looked terribly constipated.

Perhaps they missed my beautiful chops? Or my silky hair?

I dont think there are any easy answers here. The debate will rage on. Like the greatest of great men- his legend only grows in absentia. But it doesnt ease the pain of his loss. Champ- we miss you.

MS Sunshine
04-17-2003, 05:49 PM
You guys are killing me.

Really tell us what has happened.

MS Sunshine

MS Sunshine
04-17-2003, 05:54 PM
"Do i have throngs of loyal supporters? Well- um- no."

It is not how many stand with you, but who stands with you.

MS Sunshine

Linden_Arden
04-17-2003, 05:59 PM
Nothing specific really. Its just that ive been seeing less and less of him- and the website- well its still 'under construction'.

Its like when you find out that Santa isnt real- or theres no tooth fairy. Champ- please. Do something to ease our pain. Tell us itll be alright.

Linden_Arden
04-17-2003, 06:01 PM
"It is not how many stand with you, but who stands with you"

Yeesh. Way to hit me when im down /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

beernutz
04-17-2003, 06:56 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Do i have a website? No.
Do i have throngs of loyal supporters? Well- um- no.
Do my posts- have 36 replies? No.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you forgot one:

Am I, in fact, onlinechamp, posing as another player in yet another pathetic attempt to draw attention to myself? - Yes

HTH

RiverMel
04-17-2003, 07:18 PM
LMAO. This was the first thing that came to mind when I read this guy's first post.

FeliciaLee
04-17-2003, 07:31 PM
You are kidding about the pic, right? You know that is a pic of Johnny Chan back in the '88 WSOP.

Glenn
04-17-2003, 07:36 PM
I've been reading Linden_Arden's posts for 2 years now. I would say this matches his funny and sarcastic style. If it is a forgery, it is a good one. Also, if it is a forgery, it may not be onlinechamp as it certainly is not in the chump's style.

I was not sure initially, but the good natured dig at MS was too clever for champ but par for Linden.

I will defer to MS for final authentication, however.

MS Sunshine
04-17-2003, 08:27 PM
My money is it's Dolores.

MS Sunshine

Linden_Arden
04-17-2003, 08:43 PM
I see at least two smart people in this thread- without counting myself of course- cause no one ever accused me of that.

The others- are giving this guy WAY too much credit.

Great poker player? Um- sure.

Great thinker? Um.

onlinechamp
04-17-2003, 09:47 PM
Your champ is here what do you want linden a 1-1 match?

yct
04-17-2003, 11:15 PM
uh un... onlinechamp comes to the rescue...

Linden_Arden
04-17-2003, 11:52 PM
I might be confident- but i aint crazy.

Just do me a favor and update that site. We're all waiting so patiently.

Simon Diamond
04-18-2003, 04:18 AM
Last time I spoke to onlinechamp, he had no-one to do his website. Is that still the case OC? You are disappointing your fan base, which is not a great way to treat them is it!?

Simon

Hung
04-18-2003, 04:28 AM
If I had the time I'd help him with a website.
How much are you willing to pay /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

dux
04-18-2003, 11:45 AM
I think it was Homer who pointed out that this didn't solve anyting (1 on 1 matches) - be confident in yourself, play your own game and dont ever claim to have/want fans. Your playing poker for fks sake.
<font color="red"> Dux's final message on OC type issues (way too many posted so far) </font color>

onlinechamp
04-18-2003, 02:47 PM
I am sorry Simon would you like to help me?

onlinechamp
04-18-2003, 02:49 PM
Pay why can't you help for free?

Simon Diamond
04-18-2003, 04:57 PM
I am sorry Simon would you like to help me?

No, not really. I am surprised that you expect somebody to build your website for free - like I have said before, if you are serious about this website business then I think you are going to have to be serious about paying someone to do it.

Simon

jek187
04-18-2003, 05:52 PM
Pay why can't you help for free?

Ok, let me explain this Champ. For winning poker players, time is money. I can't see anyone here coming forward and voluntering to donate time to your site. OTOH, I don't see any reason why you can't do it yourself.

Linden_Arden
04-18-2003, 06:12 PM
"For winning poker players, time is money. I can't see anyone here coming forward and voluntering to donate time to your site. OTOH, I don't see any reason why you can't do it yourself."

Sounds like something i would have said. But no less accurate coming from a jek.

onlinechamp
04-18-2003, 06:25 PM
How much and do people really want to see an onlinechamp website because I am rather upset about all this haha oc site sucks.

Hung
04-18-2003, 06:42 PM
Hey Champ,

I charge $2000-$4000 for a simple website. No database, no nothing. So that means I'll give you at least $2000 for free. I'm not that nice /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif hehehe.
It's like playing poker for free. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif You really need someone to make it for you. Because it looks really awfull now. I don't say this is a mean way. But it just does not look right. There're many talented webdesigners in the US. Most of them in San Jose CA.
Who knows, maybe one day you'll have a website like Caro's.

Best of luck

MS Sunshine
04-18-2003, 07:25 PM
"do people really want to see an onlinechamp website because I am rather upset about all this haha oc site sucks. "

Please don't tease us.

MS Sunshine

Linden_Arden
04-19-2003, 02:08 AM
Alright- ill be honest.

I wanna see your site complete. Why? Cause if nothing else- you're entertaining. I mean that in all sincerity. More the former- than the latter- but i believe both to be true- although the latter is probably unintentional. Well enough of me babbling. Lets see that sight finished.

Fishy
04-20-2003, 01:17 AM
Champ, when are you doing a comeback??

I've not seen you played yet, I heard you were good and then you seem inexperience, I mean you won $5k in that tourny and blew it all in the $30-$60 game??

Tell you what?? I'll bank you IF I see that you play ok, I was at stars tonight for the $650 wsop cashgame, you'll see me next Saturday there cause I didn't come 2nd!
Or you can email me, tell me where you play, I'll watch you play on Thursday night. I'm busy until then, offline.

N_A_Weelnam@yahoo.co.uk

A fan is always a fan.

William
04-20-2003, 07:12 PM
WE ?????

Is that YOU, YOU and....YOU ?? /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

onlinechamp
04-20-2003, 10:29 PM
I emailed you fishy ty for your responses!

Frozen
04-21-2003, 02:54 AM
Inquiring fish want to know Linden, What's up with the 'Koala Lampur' location, if you've never even been there?

crazy canuck
04-21-2003, 04:03 PM
Onlinechimp, go to www.rentacoder.com (http://www.rentacoder.com) and hire a code monkey cheap.

http://vortex.cs.wayne.edu/pictures/monkey.jpg

Linden_Arden
04-21-2003, 06:24 PM
Well- I have to say- first of all its Koala LampuUr.

Very important that you dont forget the second U.

And who told you ive never been there? I think there are some nasty rumors floating around about me.

I mean- its just Koala Lampuur for gods sake. It couldnt be less believable- than- something silly like- Brians Head lets say. I mean do you really believe that Brians Head is a real place?

Frozen
04-21-2003, 10:35 PM
I thought you said you've never been to Malaysia. In fact,I could swear you said that a few days ago. I'm Qikk btw.

Also, Brian's head sounds like the world's gayest place....not that there's anything wrong with that.

MS Sunshine
04-21-2003, 11:03 PM
Brian Head (http://www.brianhead.com/) is a real place. It's like the third highest town in the USA at 9,600 feet.

MS Sunshine

GrannyMae
04-21-2003, 11:52 PM
9,600 feet

this is the CITY?? or is it the mountain you ski on?

damn, that's thin air if that is where your home is. it would explain ALOT about your posts, but at the same time, i give you credit for living at that altitude.

i would be absolutely MISERABLE.
(not that you have ever invited Granny to visit)

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb207.gif

Mike Haven
04-21-2003, 11:53 PM
Brian Head Resort is one of the best kept skiing and snowboarding secrets around!

not no more

remind me to tell you a secret some time, mr sunshine

MS Sunshine
04-22-2003, 12:13 AM
The town is at 9,600 and the peak is 11,300. You can't have a plasma big screen TV up here. A friend has been told due to heart problems she can no longer live at the high altitude.

MS Sunshine

MS Sunshine
04-22-2003, 01:39 AM
I have found that even after the few weeks needed for your body to make more red blood cells it is still work to do any semi-heavy labor. Watching the yuppies from Vegas up for the weekend shoveling snow to get their cars out just cracks me up. Their chest just heave trying to get enough air into their lungs, before having a heart attack.

But it is possible to get really sick. (http://www.highway2health.com/travel_center/general/ne_el_15.cfm) I knew a poker dealer who flew to CO. drove up to a mountain cabin to meet some folks to go skiing, he had a few drinks and went to bed and died in his sleep.

I've noticed that just after I wake up in the morning that I'm dumber than usual for about 15-20 minutes. Like I've been drinking in my sleep. After I've moved around a little the fog lifts.

MS Sunshine

onlinechamp
04-22-2003, 10:21 AM
I will consider that canuck!

Fishy
04-22-2003, 10:15 PM
Go go onlinechamp!