PDA

View Full Version : inflection point to stop making odds call out of SB?

CobraGoat
09-01-2005, 03:20 PM
im an ignorant poker player so i appologize if i shouldnt even be using the concept of inflection points for SNGs.

anways, when there are 3 or more limpers and im in SB, does there come a point where my stack is too small with respect to the blinds that i should not call with any random hand?

this sounds dumb to me so please dont be too harsh.

Nicholasp27
09-01-2005, 03:27 PM
in tourneys, due to gambler's ruin, u shouldn't usually call with any 2 with 3 limpers, even if u are getting 4.5-1 or better odds, as you can't recover from zero and u lose Folding Equity the lower you limp your stack down to

some people like to limp with multiple limpers in level 1, maybe 2...but after that, u prolly don't wanna limp for 50 on a 750 stack with any 2, even if there are multiple callers

in cash games with 100bbs u can play by pot odds and implied odds...in tourney games with only 800 chips, u have to play tighter

CobraGoat
09-01-2005, 03:35 PM
thanks.

i agree. i do this for the first two levels but have been wondering if this is too loose or too tight or what.

i almost think it might be worth it for level 1 only.

but the diminishing stack is a good point, although i feel like Harrington in HOH uses a lot of examples where he suggests calling out of the sb due to odds but then again the person is probably holding a better than average hand typically.