PDA

View Full Version : J8o vs super LAG

orange
09-01-2005, 03:06 PM
.25/.50 3 handed Live. Stacks range from $30-$80. I am medium stack with ~$45 and have been playing TAG, and even live, they aren't paying attention.

Villan in this hand has ~$80 and has been playing absolutely insane. He bets $10 into a $.75 pot with air. He is an absolute donk who gives tons of action. He called a $6 bet on the river with Q high. He has built his chips by some other idiots trying to bluff him. 2nd pair or better is usually a secured enough hand. He thinks on level 1 IMO, and doesn't think about what I might be holding, what I may be thinking, etc. Just a donk. He will bet/raise/reraise with air or a made hand, so playing big pots with him can be hell.

Preflop: Hero is dealt J /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the BB
Button calls .50
SB (Villan) completes
Hero checks

(~$1.50)Flop: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Villan bets $4
Hero calls $4
Button folds

(~$9.50)Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Villan bets $10
Hero calls $10

(~$29.5)River: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Villan checks
Hero checks

I figure that passive playing keeps the pot more under control,and bloating the pot with only 1 pair would be suicide. And with position, betting would be easier. Thoughts?

trumpman84
09-01-2005, 04:07 PM
Given your read, I might value bet the river. You said he called a river bet with queen high. It doesn't look like has much of anything.

orange
09-01-2005, 04:55 PM
The idea crossed my mind. I also did not want to be faced with an extreme c/r though. I was thinking about a value bet of maybe $10-$15 on the river.

MINETZ
09-01-2005, 05:02 PM
bet 15 and watch him call you with jack high this time!

Drizztdj
09-01-2005, 05:08 PM
I was going to ask, is he capable of a check raise...

If not, value betting the river sounds like easy money.

orange
09-01-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was going to ask, is he capable of a check raise...

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously don't know. I've seen him do it once and I think it was with pure air. Who the hell knows though..

Villan turned over J6o and MHIG. He eventually lost his entire stack to the button about 15 hands later. Too bad /images/graemlins/frown.gif

09-02-2005, 12:40 AM
FWIW, I like the river check. Top pair no kicker is not really a hand to get into a pi**ing contest with. Thinking about the game, not just this hand, winning this as a small pot still gives you a few more chips to go after him with the next time you're against him with a real hand, while checking preserves the remainder of your stack for the same purpose. You have a mediocre hand, and it sounds like he could have anything, so caution is in order. g1.