PDA

View Full Version : (no content) but funny

tiltaholic
09-01-2005, 02:37 PM
how did i miss this???

espn story (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker/columns/story?id=2128589)

sorry if this is old news to all of you. i feel like i've missed something.

nomadtla
09-01-2005, 02:53 PM
I hadn't caught it either. That's funny but he's a whinner IMO.

droolie
09-01-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm tempted to send him an email alerting him to the fact that he sucks at limit poker.

aces_dad
09-01-2005, 02:59 PM
I'm tempted to send him an email alerting him to the fact that he sucks at poker.

FYP.

09-01-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got 5-6 suited in the hole. Small suited connectors is not a bad hand to play, just ask Doyle Brunson.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatta-DOOOOSH

Link774
09-01-2005, 03:03 PM
I don't play B&M because I didn't want to fork over the cash to get some shin-guards.

@bsolute_luck
09-01-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm tempted to send him an email alerting him to the fact that he sucks at poker.

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm tempted to send him an email saying he's 100% correct and inviting him to play in a game with me sometime /images/graemlins/grin.gif

edit: oh and PS...only FISH read ESPN for poker advice /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tiltaholic
09-01-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm tempted to send him an email alerting him to the fact that he sucks at limit poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to send him a thank you card.

droolie
09-01-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to send him a thank you card.

[/ QUOTE ]

So when are we gonna hit Foxwoods?

nomadtla
09-01-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The turn was a 7. We both checked. The river was an 8. He bet and I max raised him, trying to get him out of the pot. I had nothing but junk, but I knew he had nothing, too. I wasn't guessing he had nothing. I knew he had nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww he tried to bluff in small stakes against calling stations that's so cute.

09-01-2005, 03:49 PM
and lest we forget, he gave him the old max-raise. you know, the max-raise. it's a powerful limit play.

macdaddy991
09-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Can you imagine if he had put this article on 2+2 instead of ESPN? I hope a lot of table coaches read that article.

Redd
09-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Someone should tell this guy we have a thread for bad beat posts here. He didn't need to put an LC article on ESPN and clog up their content.

09-01-2005, 03:59 PM
Sure, his stated play is iffy. I'm cutting him a little slack, because this is an article geared towards casual poker players - they know even less than the author. (Also, some of your replies have been unintentionally humorous too, in that message board pile-on gotta-find-something-to-criticize-too kind of way /images/graemlins/wink.gif ).

But you gotta admit, he's dead-on about most of that stuff - especially the guys who dress like they're at the final table of the WSOP.

krimson
09-01-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The turn was a 7. We both checked. The river was an 8. He bet and I max raised him, trying to get him out of the pot. I had nothing but junk, but I knew he had nothing, too. I wasn't guessing he had nothing. I knew he had nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww he tried to bluff in small stakes against calling stations that's so cute.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was value betting his 6 high.

Fryguy
09-01-2005, 04:08 PM
I play at foxwoods and most of this is largely untrue. Except for the obvious things like rookie calling stations that sit there and give their money away. Some people are characters, sure. I've never had a problem with dealers, etc.

I go on a semi-regular basis now, especially since I stopped sucking.

@bsolute_luck
09-01-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Someone should tell this guy we have a thread for bad beat posts here. He didn't need to put an LC article on ESPN and clog up their content.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahah! tell him "this post goes in Wookie's designated no content thread". ha!

deception5
09-01-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got 5-6 suited in the hole. Small suited connectors is not a bad hand to play, just ask Doyle Brunson.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whatta-DOOOOSH

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an easy call in the game he described.

Deamon2
09-01-2005, 04:17 PM
that artivle is rubbish... it hurt my head to read it

09-01-2005, 04:18 PM
1) He didn't say how many limpers there were in this hand 2) I was refering to the Doyle Brunson reference 3) Why do people on this board look for any little reason to try to show you up

numeri
09-01-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whatta-DOOOOSH

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an easy call in the game he described.

[/ QUOTE ]
But not because of what Doyle says - he was talking about NL.

deception5
09-01-2005, 04:24 PM
1. Instead of playing premium hands and then picking and choosing other spots to play, these players call everything. Have a 2-7? You might as well call. How about 4-9? Take a shot. When I got a decent hand, I'd raise. Sure enough, I hear that word from one player after another: "Call."

2. In Super System he discusses his love of suited connectors.

3. Because we come here to debate hands, topics, correct plays. If I see something I disagree with I will respond.

deception5
09-01-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But not because of what Doyle says - he was talking about NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, he was talking about the implied odds you could get. I'd say your implied odds are pretty good in this game.

09-01-2005, 04:33 PM
1) The game is described was loose, but this particular hand ended up HU so actually doesn't sound like there were many people in the pot. For all we know he open limped from the button and was heads up with BB. I wouldn't put it past this guy.

2) He is quoting Doyle Brunson, even though Doyle Brunson was talking about NL hold'em not SSLHE. I think that is rather doosh-baggish and is what I was talking about it.

3) You are allowed to post whatever you want. I think it is a little weird to reply in NC post and try to tell me a strategy tidbit in a way that makes it sound like I'm a big dumbass.

deception5
09-01-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He is quoting Doyle Brunson, even though Doyle Brunson was talking about NL hold'em not SSLHE. I think that is rather doosh-baggish and is what I was talking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is a little weird to reply in NC post and try to tell me a strategy tidbit in a way that makes it sound like I'm a big dumbass.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one's trying to make you sound like a dumbass. There are a lot of players who would fold here with 56s after 4 limpers. Similar to a post yesterday where people were talking about folding KQo to a CO raise getting 7:1.

09-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Sorry to pick a fight. Probably just being too defensive.

ClaytonN
09-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Peter Newmann...

He's my cousin, but the extra 'n' must stand for nit.

SavageMiser
09-01-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and lest we forget, he gave him the old max-raise. you know, the max-raise. it's a powerful limit play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! Shows how much you know! You max raise so you can "put the other players at a decision for their chips"! At limit!

I wonder how his students play. Sounds to me like your typical "I'd win if the players were better" complainer. He doesn't actually say they don't respect his raises, but he does whine "These players have seen poker on television, but don't understand the game. And because of that, there is less strategy. There is less skill."

Man, I hate playing people with no skills.

WildDan
09-01-2005, 10:21 PM
I'd sit at that table and max 3-bet and max cap that shmuck all day.

bozlax
09-02-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...especially the guys who dress like they're at the final table of the WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

But he's picking on some jackass for wearing sunglasses? C'mon! The guy was wearing a leather jacket (black? brown? suede?) with a UNC (sky-blue) baseball cap! Pick your spots, dude...this guy was obviously blind and had to be dressed by somebody with a sick sense of humor. [/queer eye]

britspin
09-02-2005, 11:45 AM
Well it's a NC post anyway- so I hope no-one minds m plugiing this post what i wrote which seems to be diametrically opposed the the ESPN article. what do people think?

My piece on switching from NL to Limit (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3299953&page=2&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)