PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Things In Perspective

MrMon
09-01-2005, 02:14 PM
I wish I had the video to this to post it, but this is a transcipt from ABC World News Tonight, August 30, 2005, approximately 10 minutes into the broadcast.

Reporter is David Kerley in Biloxi, Mississippi:

Kerley: "Across the street, seven other bodies were found today."

Louise Ross: "My house is out in that pile back there."

Kerley: "Those who heeded the warning and evacuated did return today. Louise Ross found clothes in her drier, but little else."

Louise Ross: "Doesn't matter the whole house is gone. Finding that little crystal basketball that belonged to my grandson meant so much, find my pet rock meant so much, cause you can not ever replace that kind of stuff."

Pet rock?

jakethebake
09-01-2005, 02:16 PM
WTF are you people starting new threads for everything? There are enough [censored] katrina threads!

MrMon
09-01-2005, 02:19 PM
You really don't get it, do you?

Alobar
09-01-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You really don't get it, do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

or maybe you don't....

09-01-2005, 02:22 PM
Pet Rocks? people really have those?

Al P
09-01-2005, 02:27 PM
I feel sorry for people like you.

Alobar
09-01-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why is this?

Al P
09-01-2005, 02:35 PM
It's obvious the OP gets it, and since you questioned that I'm assuming you don't get it.

This thing will have a profound affect on the entire U.S. for the next 5 years.

Sponger15SB
09-01-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why is this?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/415/alobar0qc.jpg

jakethebake
09-01-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I'm aware of that. It doesn't mean we need a new thread over every tiny detail, however. Especially stupid ones like this. That's almost as stupid as the pet rock guy.

spamuell
09-01-2005, 02:41 PM

Which is why it's necessary to start 5 years worth of threads now.

jakethebake
09-01-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Which is why it's necessary to start 5 years worth of threads now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice!

Alobar
09-01-2005, 02:44 PM
nh <font color="white"> you [censored] </font>

I take my offer of a beer back!

edited for sponger (http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nomullet7gy.jpg)

jakethebake
09-01-2005, 02:46 PM
This looks like a good place for pics of drunk chicks.

http://hometown.aol.com/tearpixy/images/heather%20passed%20out%20drunk.jpg

Alobar
09-01-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's obvious the OP gets it, and since you questioned that I'm assuming you don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

what does the OP get? That its sad. yeah I get that to. Did I start a really pointless stupid thread containing a bad transcript and an even worse attempt at some touchy feely feel good concept? no. And if that makes me a bad person worthy of some morons pity, then I guess thats the way it goes.

DemonDeac
09-01-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what does the OP get? That its sad. yeah I get that to. Did I start a really pointless stupid thread containing a bad transcript and an even worse attempt at some touchy feely feel good concept? no. And if that makes me a bad person worthy of some morons pity, then I guess thats the way it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa....whoa.......whoa

LOIS THIS ISNT MY BATMAN GLASS!

jakethebake
09-01-2005, 02:59 PM
http://stevedanforth.com/files/0138/Jenna_Drunk_and_passed_out0600.jpg

MrMon
09-01-2005, 05:59 PM
As the OP, let me elaborate...

&lt;rant mode&gt;
Your neighbors have been killed, your house is gone, the worst natural disaster in U.S. history has struck, hundreds are dead or missing, everything around you is in ruins, etc, etc, and you're happy you found your pet rock?!? A pet rock can't be replaced?!?

Human life can't be replaced, a lifetime of photo albums can't be replaced, friendships can't be replaced, but a pet rock can. It's a freakin' rock! A rock which was apparently removed from your head, because you are so jaw-droppingly stupid, a rock would be an improvement.
&lt;/rant mode&gt;

That and it was so stupid it was funny. Ya gotta see the humor in the midst of tragedy.

Alobar
09-01-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As the OP, let me elaborate...

&lt;rant mode&gt;
Your neighbors have been killed, your house is gone, the worst natural disaster in U.S. history has struck, hundreds are dead or missing, everything around you is in ruins, etc, etc, and you're happy you found your pet rock?!? A pet rock can't be replaced?!?

Human life can't be replaced, a lifetime of photo albums can't be replaced, friendships can't be replaced, but a pet rock can. It's a freakin' rock! A rock which was apparently removed from your head, because you are so jaw-droppingly stupid, a rock would be an improvement.
&lt;/rant mode&gt;

That and it was so stupid it was funny. Ya gotta see the humor in the midst of tragedy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess I didn't get it. I took it as one of those stupid, lets value the little things in life because thats whats important. My house is in ruins but look at the bright side, but at least I still have X..

Which is why I thought it was stupid

stabn
09-01-2005, 06:08 PM
What's this drunk chick infatuation anyway pops?

ThaSaltCracka
09-01-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Pops is a pervert.

09-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Nice rant. Err, try studying the post-traumatic effects of similar events where both emotional and physical objects are removed from a person - two separate issues of extreme disorientation were ANYTHING that remains becomes apparently (disproportionally) important to that person as a link (and proof) of those things which are missing. It's easy to call people who are suffering stupid.

Now can we have some more drunk girls please?

stabn
09-01-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Pops is a pervert.

[/ QUOTE ]

But none of them are hot or naked enough to make me happy...

jakethebake
09-01-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have something against drunk chicks? It just seems like a good way to improve crappy threads.

MrMon
09-02-2005, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice rant. Err, try studying the post-traumatic effects of similar events where both emotional and physical objects are removed from a person - two separate issues of extreme disorientation were ANYTHING that remains becomes apparently (disproportionally) important to that person as a link (and proof) of those things which are missing. It's easy to call people who are suffering stupid.

Now can we have some more drunk girls please?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've thought about your theory and I thought you might be right. Then I remembered she owned a pet rock, something that hasn't been trendy or cool in nearly 30 years. She's stupid.

GeniusToad
09-02-2005, 03:19 AM
I'll trade you my pet rock for more drunk chick picks.

ChipWrecked
09-02-2005, 03:19 AM
I was looking for 'drunk chick' and came across this (http://www.mikevnet.com/vegas/) page with pics from 'Lebowski Fest West' in Vegas. Sweet! Dude fans geekin' like Trekkies, and with a drunk chick! Thanks, OP!

http://www.mikevnet.com/vegas/thumbs/IMG_0779.JPG

Spaded
09-02-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...my pet rock...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, her "Jump to Conclusions Mat" was never recovered...

mackthefork
09-02-2005, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pet Rocks? people really have those?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah big 80s craze, some people still have ones that never died, I've got one in my cupboard but it hasn't moved in ages, in fact its starting to smell, maybe I should have fed it.

Mack

stabn
09-02-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have something against drunk chicks? It just seems like a good way to improve crappy threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my above reply to the cracka. Drunk chicks just don't do it for me. It's like, you could have posted a hot chick but posted a drunk chick instead. They are always a bit of a let down.