PDA

View Full Version : Red Cross Donation thread, it'd be great if you guys joined me on this

bottomset
09-01-2005, 02:02 PM
My bankroll is entirely disposable income, in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina, I've decided to donate 50% of my August RB(in the vicinity of $150) and make a bigger donation based on my performance in September

I will donate 10% of my ring game profit for the entire month or $150 whichever is greater.
In addition I will be donating 50% of all bonuses cleared, and 50% of all rakeback for the month.

I have 160 uncleared at Paradise, 170 at UB, 120 at Stars, and plan on clearing the Party and Empire reloads. That adds upto $325, RB should be another 150, so hopefully 800 or so.

I know about the donation tournaments, and am unable to play in either, if you guys aren't able to do something similar, please play in those tourneys

Saint_D
09-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Good plan Bottomset. Be sure to check with your employer to see if they will match your donations.

Pokerstars is running at least 2 tournaments where the buyin goes to the red cross, and they will match the donations for anyone who doesn't have the tourney info yet.

http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/2005/08/pokerstars-to-host-hurricane-katrina.html

[ QUOTE ]
So, coming up on September 12th and 14th, PokerStars.com and Wil Wheaton will host two Hurricane Katrina Relief tournaments with all proceeds going to the American Red Cross. PokerStars will be matching every buy-in 100% and will be offering prizes to the winners. Wil will also be offering autographed copies of one of his books to every member of both final tables.

The event on September 12th will be a $5+$0 No-Limit Hold'em freezeout at 9:30pm.

The event on September 14th will be a $20+$0 No-Limit Hold'em freezeout tournament at 9:30pm

[/ QUOTE ]