PDA

View Full Version : Abu Abbas Dilemma.....

Dr Wogga
04-17-2003, 04:21 PM
.....Isn't it ironic that the palestinian authority wants this terrorist sumbag released using the Oslo agreement? Yes, lefty-liberal non-thinkers, that Clinton feller' sure had his finger on the pulse of foreign policy eh? Nice concession those Oslo accords. And as we can plainly see, it sure was a great building block toward Israeli-Palestinian peace??? Not! Not by a long shot - what was thia a-hole thinking?

Having been one to refer to Arafat as the dribbling terrorist, it seems appropriate to call this Abu a-hole the bloated terrorist. Now the dilemma is whether we honor Italy's extradition request and the 4 (or is it 7?) life sentences they sentenced him in absentia. Tough call, since the Italians have been a good ally. Because Italians were the idiots who let this monster go many years ago after our jets forced down the plane he was on, we should tell them they had their chance. And thanks, but no thanks! The new charge is that he was running one of Iraq's terror training camps, and the war on terror supercedes Italy's conviction in absencia, and the Oslo hummer agreement. I think the best plan is to bring this animal back to the USA and execute him. Simple. No muss. No fuss. Both of Klinghofer's daughters should be invited to be in attendance as they watch the lethal drug dose get administered, and allow them to have closure for the sadistic death of their Dad at the hands of this terrorist.

OK lefty apologists - fire away!

B-Man
04-18-2003, 12:06 PM
Only someone completely morally bankrupt could argue that this murderer should be freed, yet that is exactly what we are hearing from Arafat and his minions. Unfortunately, this is not surprising, as Arafat has always supported the path of terror (save perhaps for a few brief interludes when it suited his purposes to be duplicitous and appear to support peace).

The man is a convicted murderer of a helpless, wheelchair-bound elderly American, Leon Klinghoffer. His co-conspirators shot Klinghoffer and threw him overboard. This is one of the more despicable crimes I know of.

If the United States releases this man to Italy, or to any other country, we are insane. He should be given the death penalty, or a minimum of life without parole. I wish our troops had shot him rather than arrest him, then there wouldn't be any political dilemma, and justice would have been served.

There will be justice for this scumbag.

==============
April 18, 2003 --
No sooner did coalition forces in Baghdad arrest Palestinian terror kingpin Mohammed (Abu) Abbas than PLO leader Yasser Arafat demanded his immediate release, claiming he enjoyed immunity from prosecution for his murderous track record.

No dice, said the White House - and quite correctly.

Abbas, who spent most of the past 17 years as Saddam Hussein's pampered guest, is best known as the mastermind of the 1985 hijacking of the cruise ship Achille Lauro.

Hundreds of passengers were held hostage and one - wheelchair-bound New Yorker Leon Klinghoffer - was shot to death, his body dumped into the sea.

There has always been widespread speculation that Arafat himself played a larger role in this crime than has up to now been revealed.

Abbas arrived on the scene as Arafat's "emissary," ostensibly to negotiate an end to the hijacking. In the end, Abbas and the other terrorists were given safe passage aboard an Egyptian plane bound for Tunis - then the site of Arafat's headquarters.

U.S. fighter planes dispatched by the Reagan White House intercepted the plane, forcing it to land in Sicily, where the hijackers were arrested - only to be allowed to "escape" by an Italian government terrified of PLO reprisals.

It's a measure how far Israel has been willing to go to make peace with the Palestinians that in the 1993 Oslo Accords it agreed not to arrest anyone for terrorist acts committed prior to the pact's signing - including Abu Abbas.

That's the basis on which Arafat has been claiming immunity for Abbas, a former top aide.

But, as the White House noted, that agreement applies only to Israel - not to any other government.

And there's already a waiting list of those with legal claims to Abbas: Italy, where he was later tried in absentia and sentenced to life imprisonment for the Achille Lauro crime.

Or the United States itself, which has the right to try Abbas for the murder of an American citizen.

Israel itself could prosecute Abbas - for the long list of criminal acts that he's committed since 1993.

Captured Palestinians have admitted that they were trained by Abbas in Iraq alongside al Qaeda recruits, then sent back into Israel on terror missions.

Though he repeatedly told western journalists that he'd abandoned terrorism, Abbas boasted in the Arabic-language media press that he'd established a terrorist network inside Arafat's Palestinian Authority. Captured documents show that Abbas funneled cash payments from Saddam Hussein to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers.

Indeed, it speaks volume that Arafat and his henchmen - who claim to have renounced terrorism - are trying so hard to spring this murderous criminal.

MMMMMM
04-18-2003, 01:21 PM
These guys are simply scum.

I hope the USA, as it initiates the Road Map for peace, uses special forces and JDAMs in conjunction with the IDF to eliminate any terrorist leadership which tries with violence to thwart the Road Map peace plan. A peace plan could actually work if the Palestinians get their own state and cease the use of terror. So maybe a "rolling" peace process--one which moves forward yet eliminates any terrorist resistance to it as it goes--could actually work (my idea--I haven't read it elsewhere yet!;-). To this end it may be necessary to eliminate the infrastructure and leadership of certain regional terrorist organizations--and I'll bet the IDF teamed with US special forces/JDAMs could do just that, and far more effectively than could Israel alone or with its "sieges" of terrorist enclaves. This may not all be necessary as long as certain terrorist leaders "get the idea", but that's a longshot;-)

By the way, one of the most informative sites I have found regarding Israel, the Middle East, and behind-the-scenes activities in the war on terror is www.debka.com (http://www.debka.com) . I think you and the good doctor will both enjoy it.