PDA

View Full Version : This is too weak, isn't it?

09-01-2005, 01:28 PM
I need to get more bets in on this hand, don't I?

I think 3rd, 4th and the river are fine, but should I have bet 5th and/or 6th?

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___completes___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises___calls

4th Street - (13.50 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___double bets
Seat 6: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___folds

5th Street - (9.75 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks
Seat 6: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks

6th Street - (9.75 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks
Seat 6: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks

River - (9.75 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___checks___calls

Total pot: 12.75 BB

BTirish
09-01-2005, 02:32 PM
I would bet 5th and 6th. The paired 5's might have 2 pair, but you have sufficient 3-way equity to put in the bet--and you wouldn't mind making it heads up even as an underdog.

6th is a bet because you've picked up a very live diamond draw to go with your aces. Without counting precisely, you've got so many outs that I'm pretty sure your equity has to be over 50%.

PoorLawyer
09-01-2005, 02:36 PM
5th I like the check. you have been firing pretty hard and they are sticking around with something. On 6th though, you should represent that your flush came in and bet i think.

09-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Isn't there some 7 card stud rule 'never give free cards on 5th street' if your hand figures to be best. With the weakness the board is showing by just check calling, you've got to bet 5th street. Not to mention you're in position and should be betting the aces anyway. If you get checkraised by the five's you might think about folding, very iffy IMO.

09-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Well, it ain't too strong. 200 more pushups for you.

beta1607
09-01-2005, 05:51 PM
I think you have far too much equity here not to bet 6th

kschellenger
09-01-2005, 06:02 PM
5th is a good check.
6th is a good spot to bet since they both checked 6th after you checked 5th they can't be too strong (maybe two low pair) in which case you have many many outs.

09-01-2005, 06:07 PM
I felt on fifth I was best just to take the free card. I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I missed the four flush on sixth or I would have bet. Should I check sixth without the four flush?