PDA

View Full Version : I hate folding on sixth...

09-01-2005, 01:24 PM
Did I bet this too far?
I don't have a call on sixth, do I?

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.88 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___completes
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

4th Street - (4.88 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___folds
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls

5th Street - (3.94 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls

6th Street - (6.94 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

River - (9.94 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___bets
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___calls

Total pot: 11.94 BB

MelchyBeau
09-01-2005, 01:43 PM
whats your reasoning for folding a four flush on 6th?

Melch

09-01-2005, 01:45 PM
On sixth, I only have a three flush - I had four on the river, but I thyink I should have folded sixth.

BTirish
09-01-2005, 02:26 PM
I think you played it fine. It's a close decision on 6th. Even if you are drawing to 4 outs (3 aces and the case 10), the pot is laying you 9:1 (if the 7's fold) or 10:1 (if the 7's call) when you're 1/8 to make your hand. However, I'm more likely to fold if the player with the paired K's is weak-passive enough not to have raised if that first K paired a hole card.

The perpetually checking paired 7 puts you in a bad position, since you never get to raise to eliminate anyone. It looks to me like you probably have the best hand until 6th. Given the crappiness of the position, I think you played it fine.

09-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Well at least your ace was live. I think you could fold 6th, against what must be at least kings up.