PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to pay full retail for a new Sprint PCS phone?

bdk3clash
09-01-2005, 01:15 PM
I've had Sprint PCS service for about 5 years and have had the same cell phone for about 4 years. Unsurprisingly, I'd like to get a new phone. I don't want to switch carriers.

Do I have to pay full retail price for a new Sprint PCS phone (Via Amazon or a Sprint store or whatever)? Or is there some way I can get a discount on a new phone like what they give to new customers?

jakethebake
09-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Have you tried asking Sprint? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Randy_Refeld
09-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Sprint will give you a new phone every 18 months, but you have to enter a new 2 year agreement

Wad
09-01-2005, 01:19 PM
If your contract has expired just sign up for a new 2 year contract and they should give you a discount. We just got two new phones for $30 each with a 2 year plan. The retail price on the phones was around $180 each.

Mercsgrl
09-01-2005, 01:24 PM
EBAY...you can always get brand new phones for cheaper...and you dont have to extend your contract.

/images/graemlins/heart.gifStef /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Alobar
09-01-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sprint will give you a new phone every 18 months, but you have to enter a new 2 year agreement

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah what he said

also, I would get a new provider....sprint has the worst [censored] service (I should know, Ive been a customer for 3 years)

bdk3clash
09-02-2005, 04:11 PM
So I ended up going to the Sprint Store (in the Flatiron building) and waiting for about 40 minutes. I had a few models that I wanted and they had my #1 choice (LG PM-325) in stock. I signed up for a 2-year agreement (let's be honest, I'll be with Sprint at least that long) and got the phone for about $70 after the $150 discount.

IndieMatty
09-02-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I ended up going to the Sprint Store (in the Flatiron building) and waiting for about 40 minutes. I had a few models that I wanted and they had my #1 choice (LG PM-325) in stock. I signed up for a 2-year agreement (let's be honest, I'll be with Sprint at least that long) and got the phone with a $150 discont and paid about $70.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for you. Why do you hate Verizon?

bdk3clash
09-02-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good for you. Why do you hate Verizon?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't, I just haven't really had any problems with Sprint and didn't see much reason to switch. I could be very, very wrong, but ignorance is bliss.

NoTalent
09-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Why is it every time you go to a Sprint store it takes this long to get anything done? It's like the damn post office... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

bdk3clash
09-02-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it every time you go to a Sprint store it takes this long to get anything done? It's like the damn post office... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously. Luckily, I had MaxPower there to keep me company. I really think that Sprint has this store more for marketing and branding purposes than to serve any sort of function to their customers.