PDA

View Full Version : Good weather, Fly Fishing & Poker

01-07-2002, 06:33 PM
I'm planning a vacation in late March & would like to fish & play Poker....any suggestions...Thank's

01-07-2002, 09:44 PM
What type of fishing, salt, river ,dry, streamer nymph,what?

Poker, limits etc?

Define good weather? Off the top of my head to find good weather and decent fishing one may consider the tail water at Lee's Ferry in Arizona. I hear they have great midge fishing to large bows. Don't know how far from poker.

01-08-2002, 12:05 AM
good fishing in canterbury in new zealand poker in christchurch.

tasmania has fishing and poker.

austria has trout fishing and poker

canada has great fishing around vancover and 10 20 holdem, as well as calgary, float the bow river. or go to edmonton and freeze.haha

montana has good trout fishing and poker.

wasington state has steelhead and poker and trout as well as good saltwater.

great spring fishing around atlantic city in the bays.

san. fran and l.a. have good ocean fishing and inland good freshwater and incredible poker.

01-08-2002, 01:59 AM
A warm place where you can fish AND play cards? That has to be heaven...

01-08-2002, 06:11 PM
Fresh water...Dry,Nymphs or streamers.....up to 15-30 Poker.....weather in the 50's up. Thanks

01-08-2002, 09:25 PM
If you accept temps in 50s(daytime) MT might fit the bill.

I didn't ask if you would need to fish and play poker same days. Most Montana games are small limit. Billings has a daily 10-20 and its a few hrs from the Big Horn.

Bozeman area you could find some good fishing and they play 1`-5 dealers choice.

Missoula area has very good fishing Clark Fork, Blackfoot, Bitterroot, and Rock Creek. A few 4-8 dealers choice games in town.

The Upper middle Madison fishes well this time of year. Poker in West Yellowstone.

The Missorri is a fine river and they have small limit in Great Falls.

All these rivers are Blue Ribbon. The poker is so so.

I don't know how far Lee's Ferry is from Vegas or Phonenix.

Some web sites

Montanatu.org go into fish reports

leesfeery.com

In Northern Cal you could get good fishing and poker on the same days. theflyshop.com

Post a trip report and good luck.

01-09-2002, 01:49 AM
sacramento river in northern cal. close to redding.some poker there. good poker in the bay area. too good maybe. you will get spoiled.

01-11-2002, 09:17 PM
Putah creek is about an hour and a half away from SF, a year round tailwater that's C&R only in the winter and provides access to some moster bows and browns. It's badmouthed a lot by the local FF community, but they all seem to stop by there a couple of times a year.

I may be biased because I learned o FF there, but I think it's great. a good mix of pocket water, flats, riffles, and slow channels. some dry fishing if you know where and when to look, but predominantly a nymph/streamer kind of place.