PDA

View Full Version : AA vs one opponent scary board

winky51
09-01-2005, 12:37 PM
5/10 SH
Said poor player limps (no read except he plays too many hands and goes too far of the 25 hands I have seen him play), I raise with AhAs on Button all fold, he calls.

Flop comes 8h 9s Td

He checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn comes 8h 9s Td 7c

He bets, I call.

River comes Turn comes 8h 9s Td 7c Qd

He bets, I call.

In heads up SH with people trying to pull all sorts of crap on you would this hand be a fold on the turn or a call down. This would be a very obvious bluff for me at a PF raiser.

HAND #2

LAG in BUT Raises, I reraise on the SB KcJh, all fold, he calls.

LAG is raising 22% of hands preflop, never stops betting, usually reraises no matter flop. Been winning hand after hand with no showdowns.

Flop: Kd 6s 3c

I bet, he raies, I 3 bet, he caps. I know Im ahead. The way he bets, his timing patterns. This is his typical play with every hand.

Turn: Kd 6s 3c Ts

I bet, he raises, I reraise, he calls.

River: Kd 6s 3c Ts 8c

I bet, he thinks then raises. Now for just one more bet I would call here. But I knew he sucked out on me. I fold and he shows Ks 8d no draw. Sucks out with 2 pair.

Considering this player and my read. Would normally the play be to just call him down knowing he is willing to reraise on any top pair no matter the kicker? or is the risk worth it knowing he will 3 bet me with a worse top pair? I think the analysts might say call down but my read on this player was dead on all night on hands I was not involved.

Unfortunately this was the only hand I could play HU vs this person. Every other time in the blinds I just had pure trash from 63o to J5o.

Worst part about that night was the $650 beating I took in 408 hand to this kind of stuff. Quit after 3 consecutive bad beats in a row, #1 above, then losing with top 2 pair twice in a row. Time to quit the poker gods are mad at me. Win when see flop 35%, normal 50-55% for me

winky51
09-02-2005, 03:47 PM
hey thanks for the replies guys

Catt
09-02-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hey thanks for the replies guys

[/ QUOTE ]

Pissy, aren't we?

Hand 1. When he donks the turn, you're getting about 5:2 to call down. Make a judgment about whether these odds are sufficient given the 4-straight on the board and this player's proclivities. Make a judgment as to whether a raise might make sense (I don't think it does).

Hand 2. Capping the flop; 3-betting the turn; and then bet-folding the river for one bet is horrid. But since you "knew" you were ahead on the flop, and you "knew" he sucked out on you on the river, excellent, professional play. Bravo. What do you want people to say about this hand?

GoHoosiers
09-02-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you want people to say about this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

winky51
09-02-2005, 05:34 PM
#1 reply read the question.

Hand #1 thanks for the answer. Made sense.

Hand #2 the question is if its better to just call the fool down if I know Im ahead and not make the assumptions I did. Treat the player like a normal LAG/bluffer.

Catt
09-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Nevermind.