PDA

View Full Version : How can anyone 8 table?

09-01-2005, 12:21 PM
It amazes me that people say they can 8-table. Who does this and what does it do to your BB/100? How long can you do it for? Are you really making more money that playing 3-4 tables (which is tough for me as it is)?

LLL

chief444
09-01-2005, 12:25 PM
It's not that hard especially if you have enough experience that you can make most decisions instantly without much thought.

09-01-2005, 12:27 PM
I 12 tabled in August at 1.4 bb/100 over 20k hands, and the other 20k hands were 8 tabling at 2.1bb/100

I am very comfortable with 8 but I've been doing that for two years. I remember when I thought 3 was a lot. Once I got comfortable with 3 I went to four...then five...and so on.

It took over a year to get past three though.

I think the real drop in bb/100 comes after 8 tables. With a HUD and pokermods black screen and updated stats 8 tables is ok to follow the action well enough, but 12 tables was way too much for me. I dropped down to 8 because I was getting flustered and didnt have time to think.

Ok I'm done rambling.

09-01-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It amazes me that people say they can 8-table. Who does this and what does it do to your BB/100? How long can you do it for? Are you really making more money that playing 3-4 tables (which is tough for me as it is)?

LLL

[/ QUOTE ]
Playing 8 tables at once is still alot easier than sleeping with 2 women at once.

LImitPlayer
09-02-2005, 07:25 AM
Sleeping with 2 women is easy. You just need more practice.

09-02-2005, 08:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

LLL

[/ QUOTE ]
Playing 8 tables at once is still alot easier than sleeping with 2 women at once.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've slept with two women at once. I have never done more than 5-table online poker, though. Perhaps it is because I use 800x600 resolution, and even at 5, I have a few misclicks from other tables popping up in my way.

95Aero
09-02-2005, 08:31 AM
I have recently gone from 4 to 6 tables at 3/6 with about 80k pokerhands in total behind me. I use 1600x1200 so I can fit four tables in full screen and 2 tables that I have popping up during action. I still find myself having a bit of time left for browsing the web during play so I may try 8 soon - would be nice if tables were smaller though =)

One thing I've noticed is that if anything it helps my game. OK, I may miss out on some reads, but it makes it easier to fold questionable PF-hands which I think saves me a few fractions of BB/100. My average is arount 2 BB/100 at 3/6 doing this... I still need to practice on counting outs amongst many other things /images/graemlins/smile.gif

paperboyNC
09-02-2005, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

LLL

[/ QUOTE ]

- You have to have over 100,000 hands of experience
- pre-flop decisions must be instant
- you need a HUD so that you have stats on all of your opponents.

After that you should have two 1600x1200 monitors side-by-side so that you don't have any overlap.

PaperboyNC

einbert
09-02-2005, 09:57 AM
It's easy.

You sacrifice thought about the game and reads in order to get in as many possible hands per hour. You stop thinking about what people may have and what the optimal play would be, and develop "standard" plays. Then you use those "standard" plays any time a situation where you are unsure of what to do is.

It's an awful way to become a great player, but most people inherently strive for mediocrity.

Remember to bet/fold if a decision requiring actual thought comes up.

09-02-2005, 10:18 AM
So, people who 8 table are: calculating EV, pot odds, reading others' hands and putting them on ranges(who raised preflop, opponent's positions, etc), determining who is bluffing and who is inducing a bluff, determining who is slowplaying, and determining who is trying for a free card?

On 8 tables???

einbert
09-02-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So, people who 8 table are: calculating EV, pot odds, reading others' hands and putting them on ranges(who raised preflop, opponent's positions, etc), determining who is bluffing and who is inducing a bluff, determining who is slowplaying, and determining who is trying for a free card?

On 8 tables???

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need to do all that stuff, come on man.

Haven't you learned how to bet and fold to a raise yet?

09-02-2005, 10:30 AM
I think that is why low limit is increasingly becoming a smaller percentage of the games I play. NL short handed fits my personality more. And my BB is much higher than at low limit (although I've only played about 1,500 NL cash games, compared to about 4,000 low limits).

einbert
09-02-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that is why low limit is increasingly becoming a smaller percentage of the games I play. NL short handed fits my personality more. And my BB is much higher than at low limit (although I've only played about 1,500 NL cash games, compared to about 4,000 low limits).

[/ QUOTE ]

You've only played 6k hands of poker and you consider your BB/100 to mean anything at all?

You have a harsh reality shock in store. Have fun.

09-02-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've only played 6k hands of poker and you consider your BB/100 to mean anything at all?

You have a harsh reality shock in store. Have fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope I don't expect it to mean much. I recognize it's a small sample size.

SmileyEH
09-02-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

On 8 tables???

[/ QUOTE ]

Um yeah. You will obviously not being doing all this to the best of your ability, but you should still be doing it. 8 tabling really isnt that hard.

-SmileyEH

TheHip41
09-02-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

On 8 tables???

[/ QUOTE ]

At 2/4, everyone sucks. It's not hard at all.

Seriously though, you will figure out who the other good player are quickly, the fish are fish, just bet, they will call.