PDA

View Full Version : Thursday bases

whipsaw
09-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Not many games today, but a couple that I like a lot.

Washington at +212 at Atlanta. Ok, so John Smoltz is pitching, but that doesn't justify this line. Although his team has been winning, his last three starts haven't been unbelievable. He might be getting a little tired as he nears 200 IP on the season. Armas has done alright in the last month (including 8 scoreless in Colorado), and has had several days to rest the sore shoulder. Washington has won 2 of the 3 games in this series so far, and Atlanta's bullpen has proven horrid. Smoltz is nice, but does not command that kind of line against a decent opponent.

Also Detroit at +151 at Chicago White Sox. Detroit absolutely pounded Contreras last time out, and he's getting that line? His ERA is higher at home, and he's been pitching OK, but not great lately. Johnson has been nothing to write home about, including an absolute shelling last time out against Boston. However, at least he has gotten some White Sox out this year. Unless I'm missing something, Detroit wins this matchup enough to profit.

Other lines I like a little less:
Houston at -153
Oakland at +124

chiachu
09-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the picks

Wash, Det, Oak, and Sea for me today
hopefully i can do a bit better then my 0-3 yesterday /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

whipsaw
09-01-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the picks

Wash, Det, Oak, and Sea for me today
hopefully i can do a bit better then my 0-3 yesterday /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Continuing to fade the Yanks? God bless you.

Bill C
09-01-2005, 01:38 PM
Boston (Arroyo) -212 seems out of line vs Tampa Bay.

Waechter was pretty bad earlier in the yr, but has been pitching pretty well his last few starts. If you have the heart for it, and understand it is far from a "gut", TB is a decent play at the price. (IMHO!!)

bill /images/graemlins/smile.gif