PDA

View Full Version : Fundamental Brain Burp?

Wetdog
09-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Paradise Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero ?

I don't know if a raise does anything for me here except bloat the pot. OESD and BDFD made it interesting.

davelin
09-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Your flop bet is fundamentally bad.

Wetdog
09-01-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You wouldn't bet on the come with an OESD? How about with a 4 flush? I don't see much difference there, other than 1 out. I think the BDFD makes up for that.

TomBrooks
09-01-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Betting out first to act has a tendancy to fold weak hands. I'd rather check. Someone will probably bet, and especially if the bet comes from the last to act person, more people will be inclined to call, increasing your take if your hand comes in.

tiltaholic
09-01-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You wouldn't bet on the come with an OESD? How about with a 4 flush? I don't see much difference there, other than 1 out. I think the BDFD makes up for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

not with that position on the pf raiser who is going to face the field with two bets.

i'd checkraise for value.

TomBrooks
09-01-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
not with that position on the pf raiser who is going to face the field with two bets. i'd checkraise for value.

[/ QUOTE ]I didn't even notice that before. This makes your decision to bet even worse. You were in perfect position to trap the field if UTG+1 bet and got some callers.

Wetdog
09-01-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not with that position on the pf raiser who is going to face the field with two bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's perfect.

davelin
09-01-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Betting out first to act has a tendancy to fold weak hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

If only this was true.

Wetdog
09-01-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't this hand (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3290292&amp;page=0&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1#Post3293256) have c/r'd the flop also, or is the pot/field too small?

droolie
09-01-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't this hand (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3290292&amp;page=0&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1#Post3293256) have c/r'd the flop also, or is the pot/field too small?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You trap no one and face MP1 with 2 cold. No value there unless they both fold.