PDA

View Full Version : Two Pair

09-01-2005, 09:18 AM
I used to love two pair but now I think its a cursed hand after losing with it so many times.

I would get excited after finding two pair on the flop but would keep losing with it. To trips, to a straight, to a flush you name it.

After I stopped to think about it I lost faith in it. After all it is only one step above one pair.

I have also seen lots of people get rolled with it, especially by trips.

Anyone else have feelings about two pair?

Ricardido
09-01-2005, 09:36 AM
If it is two pairs like Kings and Tens or something i find that you have to slow down when scare cards like Aces or nines flop.

People in my experience love JQs and other such hands and pay through their nose on OESD.

Two pair should be played quite strongly as the majority of the time you will see TPTK type hands calling you down. If you get check called/check called and raised on the river i usually fold two pair dependant on the player- but im weak like that /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Two pair do have good value against someone you can put on top pair or overpair hands that wont let go of them- but this is very read dependant.

My main advice would be also look at the flop texture and betting actions- If for example you are holding

K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and the flop comes

K /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif
You may already be in trouble if people have AQ,TT,KK,JJ, even QQ if they want to see the turn or river cards. These hands are also dangerous when you get alot of flat callers that are also likely on a draw to the flush or have a made set.

So unless you hit a full house by the river you may have to consider that you are beat. That said two pair against weaker players is still profitable and should be played accordingly.

Ric

09-01-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If it is two pairs like Kings and Tens or something i find that you have to slow down when scare cards like Aces or nines flop.

People in my experience love JQs and other such hands and pay through their nose on OESD.

Two pair should be played quite strongly as the majority of the time you will see TPTK type hands calling you down. If you get check called/check called and raised on the river i usually fold two pair dependant on the player- but im weak like that /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Two pair do have good value against someone you can put on top pair or overpair hands that wont let go of them- but this is very read dependant.

My main advice would be also look at the flop texture and betting actions- If for example you are holding

K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and the flop comes

K /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif
You may already be in trouble if people have AQ,TT,KK,JJ, even QQ if they want to see the turn or river cards. These hands are also dangerous when you get alot of flat callers that are also likely on a draw to the flush or have a made set.

So unless you hit a full house by the river you may have to consider that you are beat. That said two pair against weaker players is still profitable and should be played accordingly.

Ric

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Ric,

Thankyou for your very informative and well written response. Probably the best I have seen on this site.

Where do you play online?

pudley4
09-01-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to love two pair but now I think its a cursed hand after losing with it so many times.

I would get excited after finding two pair on the flop but would keep losing with it. To trips, to a straight, to a flush you name it.

After I stopped to think about it I lost faith in it. After all it is only one step above one pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit posting the same stupid [censored] over and over in different forums. One dumbass, worthless, whining post is more than enough.

You're a terrible player. It's obvious from your posts. You can either stick around and learn, or get the [censored] out. No one wants to read your craptastically bad ramblings. No one cares about your stupid "bad beats".

09-01-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit posting the same stupid [censored] over and over in different forums. One dumbass, worthless, whining post is more than enough.

You're a terrible player. It's obvious from your posts. You can either stick around and learn, or get the [censored] out. No one wants to read your craptastically bad ramblings. No one cares about your stupid "bad beats".

[/ QUOTE ]

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif you too Jeff.
And its ok if you had a bad childhood.

jba
09-01-2005, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

crossposting is really really lame and so are you

Kaeser
09-01-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I would get excited after finding two pair on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I've found your problem.

09-04-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

crossposting is really really lame and so are you

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats wrong JBA? You had a bad childhood as well?

KidPokerX
09-04-2005, 02:58 PM
Two pair is going to be the most profitable out of them all. Others are right, you need to stop posting "i am cursed" posts and start contributing something worthwhile. How about posting a hand that you felt was "cursed".
(and please do use hand converter)