PDA

View Full Version : Flopping small set with a 3-flush board

KC50
04-17-2003, 10:16 AM
NLHE; early rounds; Started with T1500 I have around T1400; EP limps; I limp from mp with 44. cutoff limps; 3 hearts flop with a 4. EP bets the pot, I go allin and cutoff calls and I get busted when he shows AQ in hearts.

All comments welcome.

Kurn, son of Mogh
04-17-2003, 12:01 PM
What did you think might call you that you could beat? I may be overstating this, but an all-in semi-bluff early in a tournament is - how should I put this - a less than well-reasoned play.

KC50
04-17-2003, 12:14 PM
I didn't want a call. I wanted to win the pot right there and felt the odds against an over set or a made flush were high. That said you're prbably right about making this type of move early on.

Kurn, son of Mogh
04-17-2003, 01:04 PM
The wild card in this situation is the player left to act behind you. Besides, this early, a pot-size reraise may well accomplish what you want, and if the c/o came over the top, you could release the hand and still be in the hunt.

Mark Heide
04-17-2003, 02:56 PM
With four limpers and bad position I'd throw the set of fours away to a pot size bet. The odds of someone having made a flush or a draw to it are very high with four limpers. Since, I only had to limp in to see the flop it is not costing me much to fold. Save your money for a better opportunity.

Good Luck

Mark