PDA

View Full Version : A Stop N Go

Scuba Chuck
09-01-2005, 04:21 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1650)
Hero (t725)
UTG (t1330)
MP (t1166)
CO (t1610)
Button (t1519)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t350</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t200.

Flop: (t775) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t375 (All-In)</font>

<font color="blue"> My in game thoughts:
Villain has been doing these little raises and getting away with them. QJ is the right hand to do this with. My thought is that if I'm going to call, I will be so short stacked after the call, that it makes no sense to fold to any type of 'bad' flop, otherwise, I should just fold now. I am the very short stack in this deep field, and blinds were rising soon. Furthermore, villain, has just the right sized remaining stack to fold if I pull this off, and not enough chips to look me up.

Now that I have reviewed this after the game, I am having second thoughts. I think that this is bad timing to pull this off. Meaning, too early in the game? </font>

Weatherhead03
09-01-2005, 04:22 AM
I wouldnt do it with that short of a stack. He's getting great odds to call that with almost anything.

bones
09-01-2005, 04:23 AM
When do the blinds go up?

Scuba Chuck
09-01-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When do the blinds go up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Next hand.

bones
09-01-2005, 04:39 AM
I like it. Obviously not the dream situation, but after this hand, you have 2.5 bbs (including your sb post) and zero folding equity.

bennies
09-01-2005, 06:39 AM
I agree, I think it is close but I would like it much more if you had at least 100 more chips. Now villain should call, and even more so because the flop was horrible, what are you representing, a pocket pair? - that's the only thing that makes sense to me.

It suks bigtime to fold QJ here preflop but I would.... Or, if villain does this with any two then I'd push preflop as the favourite. It's not the bubble yet so a 55/45 for doubling up is fine.

09-01-2005, 06:44 AM
I think it's a great spot--bad flop, but I guess we're supposed to ignore that.

Scuba Chuck
09-01-2005, 02:24 PM
If you don't think this is a good 'time' to do this, then illustrate a better time.

BTW, I don't mind the A high flop.

illegit
09-01-2005, 02:29 PM
His raise is only slightly larger than a min-raise but I think I'd be more inclined to do it if he min raised. But I might do it in your case too.

AliasMrJones
09-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Looks fine to me. You're nearly walking dead next hand with the blinds going up. If wait any longer you won't even have enough chips to stop n go.

Raiser
09-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Scuba,

I don't want to pull this move here because:

1) I don't think you have enough ammo to convince villain to fold when you push the flop.
2) I think the fact that there are 6 of you left makes me a little more patient here. You've got a little more time to get a hand and double up and/or find a reasonable spot to steal. Stealing will be hard since you'll be down to 2.5 BB, but I think I like that better than giving villain ~3:1 on the flop call here.

bluefeet
09-01-2005, 03:34 PM
"You picked a fine time to Stop-n-go Scubaaaaaaaa..."

I like it. A tad bit early yes (not much, if they're going up next hand), but BECAUSE there are so many hands on deck, your open-push opportunities will be EXTREMELY limited. You'll likely be facing a push/call situation, or worse yet a multi-way with not much better. "oods" or not, his stack size IS just about perfect - in relation to his position amongst the others (...just might get your fold). With your read...perhaps even better that the Ace did in fact hit - like you mentioned.