PDA

View Full Version : AK - No raise preflop in the big blind?

mickeynygaard
09-01-2005, 03:59 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hand #93718270 at table: Table TH 533
Started: Thu Sep 01 09:44:51 2005

mickey_dk is at seat 1 with 499.00
Ali06 is at seat 2 with 435.03
Shining666 is at seat 3 with 145.16
tinh is at seat 4 with 74.90
choppermh is at seat 5 with 304.00
Shaolin2k5 is at seat 6 with 312.00
vedat is at seat 7 with 821.14
THEEYE is at seat 8 with 1634.17
sadik123 is at seat 9 with 344.00
RACZEJ_MAM is at seat 10 with 485.00

mickey_dk posts the large blind 4.00
RACZEJ_MAM posts the small blind 2.00

RACZEJ_MAM: --, --
mickey_dk: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Ali06: --, --
Shining666: --, --
tinh: --, --
choppermh: --, --
Shaolin2k5: --, --
vedat: --, --
THEEYE: --, --
sadik123: --, --

Pre-flop:

Ali06: Fold
Shining666: Call 4.00
tinh: Call 4.00
choppermh: Fold
Shaolin2k5: Fold
vedat: Fold
THEEYE: Check
sadik123: Fold
RACZEJ_MAM: Fold
mickey_dk: <font color="red"> Check </font>

Flop (Board: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A /images/graemlins/club.gif, J /images/graemlins/spade.gif):

mickey_dk: <font color="red"> Check </font>
Shining666: Check
tinh: Check
THEEYE: Check

Turn (Board: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A /images/graemlins/club.gif, J /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif):

mickey_dk: <font color="red"> Bet </font> 16.00
Shining666: Fold
tinh: Call 16.00
THEEYE: Call 16.00

River (Board: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A /images/graemlins/club.gif, J /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

mickey_dk: <font color="red"> Bet </font> 24.00
tinh: Fold
THEEYE: Fold

mickey_dk wins the pot of 63.00 by default

(3.00 rake were taken for this hand)

Hi, dont know if its OK to post this result, as i have no questions whether to fold, what my opponent has etc etc. I hope so, otherwise please let me know /images/graemlins/smile.gif

So, i normally dont play this way, i normally play AK really aggressive preflop, pretty much always followed with a continuation bet hit or miss (depends on board, opponents etc etc)

But for the last few days ive tried to keep the pots as low as possible with these big hands, out of position..... and so far, its been quite profitable. Only minor regret for this hand, is that i should have lead out on the flop.

Anyways, please comment the play - pros and cons for limping in with AK out of position.

Mickey

JeanieJ
09-01-2005, 04:30 AM
Generally I like to take the lead with AK, especially if nobody in the hand has shown any strength. If you miss the flop you can safely check fold.

Checking isn't bad, but it's not what I generally like to do.

Your flop play was pretty bad. I think you realize this now. That's the only problem I see with the hand. Yeah, AK is a good hand but you're asking for trouble by letting it check around on the flop. Bet next time.

Otherwise I see no problem.

mickeynygaard
09-01-2005, 04:38 AM
Yeah the flop play aint good, but i think thats what got me the action on the turn, so maybe this way it was more profitable? But thats probably only for this hand, its -EV in the long run i think.

Next time ill lead out /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Any other comments?

Mickey