PDA

View Full Version : Hand vs. Nappori

Michael Emery
09-01-2005, 03:59 AM
So I actually played some stud today for a change. Villian in this hand is the infamous and loose Nappori. Both him and the four seat are stuck really really bad and have been playing every hand as of late. Lets hear it....

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

4th Street - (1.50 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls

5th Street - (2.25 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

6th Street - (4.25 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls

River - (6.25 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___bets
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls

Total pot: 8.25 BB

BTirish
09-01-2005, 04:17 AM
I've never played with Nappori. It looks to me like he would have raised you when you paired Q's if he indeed had aces up. However, if he is ever crafty enough to just call when he's made trips, then I might be worried when what could be the case 8 comes out.

It all comes down to read. If it's an opponent who is usually willing to bet his board, then call.

If indeed your Q's were best, then wish I had the bankroll to move up to $10/$20, if this is how some opponents play =P

blumpkin22
09-01-2005, 04:18 AM
Happened, I kid you not, at the exact moment when I was reading your post.

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Hero: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___completes
Seat 5: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (4.10 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___folds

5th Street - (3.05 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

6th Street - (5.05 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Hero: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

River - (7.05 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___bets
Hero: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

Total pot: 9.05 BB

MRBAA
09-01-2005, 07:12 AM
Nappy is a real puzzle. I used to play 2-4 at Paradise with him 4 years ago and he was an amazing fish. I've played 3-6 at Party with him fairly recently, and while he has definitely improved he still must lose a bloody fortune. I'd love to know who he is and how he does it. Paigee is another old Paradise regular who has resurfaced at Party, but she doesn't lose as spectacularly as Nappori. Anyway, in this hand it's likely you're beat, but you just never know with Nappi. I like how you played it fine.

jon_1van
09-01-2005, 07:39 AM
seems standard, espically against a known very loose player. You have to call the river incase he started with air of a flush draw, and you obviously have to call 6th.

Jeffage
09-01-2005, 08:19 AM
I like it all. You can't fold the end in case he started with air and was just betting his board hard.

Jeff

BeerMoney
09-01-2005, 09:48 AM
Who's Nappori?

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

We should have a support group for everyone that Nappori's laid a mega beat on.

MRB, I don't think Paigee is a losing player. (I believe Mike Emery has made the statement "Paigee is probably an overall marginal winner".)

Seems to me like Nappori is now capable of playing reasonable cards, but laggish enough to run over a table, or lose it all in a few hands.

MRBAA
09-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Paige (as she was then known) was a mega-tilter back in the Paradise days and a pretty solid fish at the 2-4 and 4-8 games. I've only played a little 2-4 and 3-6 with her recently at Party and she has definitely improved. I don't think she tilts as much (I haven't seen it, anyway). Based on my limited sample size, I'd say she's now somewhere from a small loser to break even. She still doesn't seem to read hands particularly well or adjust to other players enough.

Michael Emery
09-01-2005, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Who's Nappori?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Nappori might be Andy B.'s party screen name? Has anyone else heard this too?

[ QUOTE ]
I believe Mike Emery has made the statement "Paigee is probably an overall marginal winner".

[/ QUOTE ]

As for Pagiee, I'm actually suprised you think shes a slight loser to break even player, MRBAA. I have made that above statement before. I've played a lot with her at 5-10 in the past and would be quite shocked if she wasnt a winning player. Given she probably dosent win much, but I would think still a winning player.

MRBAA
09-01-2005, 11:13 AM
Well, she has definitely learned to play tight and not to tilt or chase too much. As you've played more with her than I have recently, your judgement may be more correct. She still seemed to me to play pretty ABC poker, meaning she is fairly easy to read and does not seem to adjust to how different folks play. This is at 2-4 and 3-6, and for only a relatively small number of hands, though. I did play alot of hands with her back at Paradise, and back then she was a pretty big fish and would go on tilt where she would curse out other players and start playing lots of hands, etc. Some players there would actually goad her, either for fun or to try to get her to donate. I have not seen her tilt on Party.

jon_1van
09-01-2005, 12:49 PM
I would raise here when your opponent hits his 3rd 8. I'm willing to bet that his limp with a dead 9 was more likely a flush draw than any other hand.

This would require me to remember the dead 9. If I didn't remember it I would play just like you.

blumpkin22
09-01-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would raise here when your opponent hits his 3rd 8. I'm willing to bet that his limp with a dead 9 was more likely a flush draw than any other hand.

This would require me to remember the dead 9. If I didn't remember it I would play just like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was aware of the dead 9, but didn't want to subject myself to a 3-bet in a situation where, if my opponent were full, he would have me board-stuck.

SA125
09-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Standard, but I also like the line of c/r'ing 5th. If he 3 bets I check/call down unless filling, then go for river c/r again.

09-01-2005, 06:18 PM
I think that this is right. I would more or less rule out quads because he only called fifth, and he would raise with three eights (or with aces and eights). I think you pick up a lot of pots against people playing every hand when you call a river like this where you can only beat a very scary board. The more I look at this, the more I think he either made the boat on the river or you won the pot.

Andy B
09-02-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm curious which street you thought was debatable.

Michael Emery
09-02-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Paying off the river. For some reason I just feel like I'm always donating here. Result was that I unfortunately saw a boat. Turns out he held pocket dueces for 8's full of twos. Man, I just hate paying off. I only did it here for the good of society ya know. /images/graemlins/wink.gif Andy, come clean, I know you're nappori on party poker.

Mike Emery

BeerMoney
09-02-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Paying off the river. For some reason I just feel like I'm always donating here. Result was that I unfortunately saw a boat. Turns out he held pocket dueces for 8's full of twos. Man, I just hate paying off. I only did it here for the good of society ya know. /images/graemlins/wink.gif Andy, come clean, I know you're nappori on party poker.

Mike Emery

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Nappster gets a lot of action cause of his less than Rockish table image.

AndyB = Nappori

MRBAA
09-02-2005, 12:11 PM
I think it is possible that Napp would play this hand the same way with non-pair starting hands. So paying off with the pot as big is just good value in the long-run.

Andy B
09-02-2005, 12:11 PM
I think that a notorious live one on tilt is going to have nothing underneath more than 12% of the time or whatever it needs to be.

If it will make you guys happy, I can be Nappori.

SA125
09-02-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If it will make you guys happy, I can be Nappori.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played more than a few hands against Nappori and he's far from the best the best but he's not awful. If it is in fact Andy B then it would be great and he's got some splaining to do.

Andy is supposed to be one of Stud resident's experts. I find it hard to believe Andy is Nappori. If he is, it's great. If he isn't than can someone please kindly remove the hook from my mouth. It makes it hard to muff dive.

Andy B
09-03-2005, 11:12 AM
My Party handle is andy_b, and I currently have no money on there. I was pretty damned fishy at Canterbury the other night, though.