PDA

View Full Version : First session

Mr_J
09-01-2005, 03:43 AM
for a few months. Pretty much forgotten anything I learned /images/graemlins/wink.gif
Anyway a few hands, kind of random, but I'll also go through the hands later and see if there's anything interesting.

Party Poker (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
4 calls, 1 fold, 2 Calls, Button folds, SB completes and Hero checks.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button raises, SB reraises, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero folds.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

6 outs for the straight and a backdoor flush draw. When I do win, it doesn't mean I always scoop. I fold to the reraise, but what about the original bet? Is this a hand you would be interested in seeing the turn for cheap?

Party Poker (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Nearly everyone calls, unraised pot.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, UTG+2 folds, MP1/MP2/MP3 call, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 &amp; MP2 call, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

River: A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets, MP2 calls, Hero calls and UTG+1 calls.

Guess I thought bottom set looked pretty (been playing sngs /images/graemlins/smirk.gif). I could be way behind already, there are probally a couple of straight draws out there and the board will probally put a flush draw on the board. Also a backdoor low draw. I think this is one of those hands that look pretty but just cost alot over the longrun?

Party Poker (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero raises, everyone calls.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP bets, everyone calls.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP bets, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP bets, Hero folds.

Hit 2nd nut low draw and nut flush draw. Pair of 2s means it's slightly more likely my low draw is good. Ace on the turn isn't good for me, I could already be drawing dead there, am probally outkicked anyway for my trips, and a 5 or 2 would probally give someone a low (and that might not be enough for the high).

I'm very rusty so be nice /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ironman
09-01-2005, 09:42 AM
J,

I don't think I would play those hands much differently.

The third hand I would raise on the button, but other than that...well, I might check call the river in the 3rd hand.

Dave

09-01-2005, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
for a few months. Pretty much forgotten anything I learned /images/graemlins/wink.gif
Anyway a few hands, kind of random, but I'll also go through the hands later and see if there's anything interesting.

Party Poker (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
4 calls, 1 fold, 2 Calls, Button folds, SB completes and Hero checks.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button raises, SB reraises, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero folds.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

6 outs for the straight and a backdoor flush draw. When I do win, it doesn't mean I always scoop. I fold to the reraise, but what about the original bet? Is this a hand you would be interested in seeing the turn for cheap?

Party Poker (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Nearly everyone calls, unraised pot.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, UTG+2 folds, MP1/MP2/MP3 call, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 &amp; MP2 call, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

River: A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets, MP2 calls, Hero calls and UTG+1 calls.

Guess I thought bottom set looked pretty (been playing sngs /images/graemlins/smirk.gif). I could be way behind already, there are probally a couple of straight draws out there and the board will probally put a flush draw on the board. Also a backdoor low draw. I think this is one of those hands that look pretty but just cost alot over the longrun?

Party Poker (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero raises, everyone calls.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP bets, everyone calls.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP bets, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP bets, Hero folds.

Hit 2nd nut low draw and nut flush draw. Pair of 2s means it's slightly more likely my low draw is good. Ace on the turn isn't good for me, I could already be drawing dead there, am probally outkicked anyway for my trips, and a 5 or 2 would probally give someone a low (and that might not be enough for the high).

I'm very rusty so be nice /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the first hand was played correctly but I am learning myself.

The second hand I think you need to lead out on the turn and hope that UTG raises for you charging the backdoor lows and straight draws. If you bet out and are called you get the same result as your line got, but if you bet and are raised you may eliminate some draws. On the river I make a crying call.

The last hand I think you should probably put in a raise to build the pot on the flop. On the turn you might be drawing slim, and I actually think I raise here??? for some reason. I'm not exactly sure why. It isn't because I think my hand is good, but probably because I want the small and big blinds to fold 2-4. If they do and then I am re-raised I call and hope to salvage half on the end. If they do and I am just called by MP I bet the river when I hit a low and check behind when I miss it. Maybe I bet if I fill and am checked to.

As it stands though a fold on the river by you seems correct unless MP is the type to bet a lesser flush draw/nut low draw to the end and fire the third barrel on a whiff.

Anyway it's late and this response probably makes no sense, so I apologize.