PDA

View Full Version : Fold after a raise?

09-01-2005, 03:41 AM
SSHE mentions which hands to play and which to fold.
It doesn't say how to act when someone raises behind you though.

Say I have TJo on the button and call, SB raises, BB folds, the limpers call. Should I call too? Or fold here?

If SSHE actually do touch this subject, I'm sorry.

ajv
09-01-2005, 05:07 AM
I have been wondering the same thing too.
I usually call if there is only one raise but fold if there are two raises.

AKQJ10
09-01-2005, 07:39 AM
I believe SSHE says to generally call a single raise behind you after you've entered the pot. By that time you may wish that you hadn't limped in (if your hand is marginal and easily dominated), but you're getting pot odds that are too good to fold for one more bet.

In response to the other poster, as a general rule it's good to be much more careful to call two raises (i.e., a three-bet) than a single raise. However, always folding in that situation would be a mistake. Some drawing hands, such as small pairs and suited connectors, are still getting good odds if several are in the pot. Other hands, such as two offsuit big cards (SSHE: "top pair hands"), are in terrible shape against a raiser and a reraiser.

SheridanCat
09-01-2005, 10:54 AM
I'm sure somewhere it says that you should always call a single raise behind you. If it comes back to you for two or more bets, only cold call if the conditions are very right.

If you never cold called in this situation, you would not be making a mistake.

Regards,

T

09-01-2005, 11:46 AM
I would not call with this hand in the first place unless several players ahead of me had already limped in - and if that is the case and they all call the raise, then the pot is large enough for me to call the bet.

littlebu
09-01-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you never cold called in this situation, you would not be making a mistake.

Regards,

T

[/ QUOTE ]