PDA

View Full Version : Netflix vs Blockbuster.com

09-01-2005, 03:26 AM
Hopefully I can get some advice here. I currently have a subscription plan with Netflix and I'm fairly pleased with their service. They have a huge selection of movies and tv shows, but my problem with Netflix is the return time when I send a movie back. Normally it's a 3 or 4 day process (roundtrip) but lately it's been taking even longer. I've been waiting for almost a week for my last movies, they were supposed to get in this past saturday and it is now Wednesday.

Has anyone tried out both Netflix and Blockbuster and found Blockbuster to be better?

pryor15
09-01-2005, 03:37 AM
the search feature is your friend (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2816237&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=all&vc=1)

edfurlong
09-01-2005, 03:39 AM
I found blockbuster to be faster to ship the movies they had in stock.

I wasn't particularly interested in watching those though.

As of six months ago netflix had a much better catalog, that could have easily changed by now.

edfurlong
09-01-2005, 03:43 AM
To elaborate I recall blockbuster had a system where they sent out new movies when yours were somehow tracked as being sent, not actualy showing up there.

If you are looking to rent the newest romantic comedy it may be the way to go.

I haven't used either in quite some time though.

Blarg
09-01-2005, 03:46 AM
Netflix service has gotten much worse in the last few months. It's really a shame, because it used to be exemplary. Now I'd describe it as nothing special.

For instance, they used to get my returns and send out new movies the same day. Now that doesn't happen as often as not. And when sent out, they would come earlier than the arrival date they said I should expect them by; now they can come a day or two later. Additionally, if I put them in the mailbox one day, Netflix would acknowledge receipt the next. Now it can be quite a few days before they acknowledge receipt. And their added turn-around time of course makes the whole process stretch out much longer. I'm getting far fewer movies per month now, because the whole process takes twice as long or more.

All in all, a very disappointing downturn in service. If Blockbuster wasn't owned by right wing nutballs, I'd seriously consider jumping ship. I suppose that would count as an endorsement on OOT, though.

09-01-2005, 03:52 AM
If Blockbuster has faster turnaroudn times then that's they to go for me. I'm tired of waiting so long for Netflix movies. Service has slowed down and it's frustrating.

rusellmj
09-01-2005, 04:08 AM
Sounds like when I joined Earthlink as a startup. Service was awsome til 3 billion people joined.

09-01-2005, 04:12 AM
With Netflix, what do you think happened ? Why do you think it's slower now ? BECAUSE THE HEAD GUY MADE 4 MILLION DOLLARS AND NOW HE'S EATING TWINKIES ALL DAY AND COULD GIVE A [censored] ABOUT YOUR STUPID MOVIES.