PDA

View Full Version : Internet Collusion

Cubs fan
04-17-2003, 03:21 AM
Curious as to what people think about this topic. I see it as one of the major issues internet poker needs to deal with. This is the reason I don't venture to high on the internet. I have less apprehension at the lower limits. In tournaments I worry about chip dumping at the end.
What about a regulatory agency? Is it feasible? A cheaters identity could be shared between sites.
Paradise has an independent party review it's shuffling, this is along the same lines.
Difficult problem with no easy solution.

WAIT TILL' NEXT YEAR

Loosemoron
04-17-2003, 05:07 AM
No collusion online ! Colluders don't know how to do it anyway and will lose all their money!! If they don't lose they will be caught by security-software! So , right now you can play all limits without having to fear anything at all ! Online-poker should be declared cheat-free by the United Nations !

Hung
04-17-2003, 05:20 AM
I think there's always a way to cheat. But the chances are so slim that you shouldn't be worried. There's many who try to cheat, but most of them are no good. I thinks it's similar to live poker. If you play 6-handed hold'em and you collude with another guy, it will give you an edge. You share the profit. So he does not have to fold AQ when you hold AK. If you know how the software works it's possible to cheat. There's always a way arround security. But I'm not worried, because I play small games and a good cheater wont play small games. The profit is too small.
I don't think I'll ever play the really big games online.