PDA

View Full Version : Neteller Question, I'm going to Vegas

LImitPlayer
09-01-2005, 02:32 AM
OK I'm going to Vegas in November and I am a Canadian.

Is there any way for me to acess my neteller acccount from down there?

It would save me a ton of Cash not having to pay the conversion rates to get gambling money since I already have US funds in neteller.

Any ideas on how to make something work?

Jurollo
09-01-2005, 02:35 AM
You can access it however, you need to call them and tell them. They instantly shut down the account when you try to log in from another country.
~Justin

theblitz
09-01-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They instantly shut down the account when you try to log in from another country.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep.
Happened to me.
I travel between the US and Israel. I set my account up as a US address and when I tried to access from Israel I was immediately shut out.

A couple of phone calls sorted it out.

Michael C.
09-01-2005, 02:48 AM
ANother thing you can do is just get the Neteller ATM card. Put the money into the card before you leave, and access the money via ATM.

stinkypete
09-01-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can access it however, you need to call them and tell them. They instantly shut down the account when you try to log in from another country.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure they don't do this between the us and canada. though that's not what the OP was asking.

theblitz
09-01-2005, 02:51 AM
Takes up to 10 days to arrive and that's assuming it arrives at all.
I ordered one and it never turned up.

Called them and they cancelled it and sent a new one. Hope this one arrives.

stinkypete
09-01-2005, 02:52 AM
people will suggest the neteller ATM card, but that's kind of pointless. they will charge you the conversion to canadian dollars first (when you move money to the card) and then to american dollars when you withdraw in the US. you'll also pay a bunch of stupid fees. i don't believe it's worth it. you're best off getting a check from neteller, depositing it in a US dollar bank account, and getting travellers checks which should be commission free with your US dollar bank account. this of course takes time so do it well in advance. (last time they put a 21 business day hold on my check)

theblitz
09-01-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
they will charge you the conversion to canadian dollars first (when you move money to the card) and then to american dollars when you withdraw in the US.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's only if he gets a Canadian ATM. He should be able to get a US one since the funds are in US Dollars.
Good idea to check though.

Michael C.
09-01-2005, 07:28 AM
Sorry you had problems. I got mine pretty quickly, and living in Japan, it's far and away the easiest way to get my money.

Michael C.
09-01-2005, 07:30 AM
The way my Neteller account works, all my money is in dollars, so if I use it in the US there is no conversion. When I use it in Japan it converts it to the local currency, and then you have to pay conversion fees. But I don't think that would be a problem in Vegas. There are fees, though, so if a couple of bucks a transaction bothers you, you are better off getting a check.

Nilbud
09-01-2005, 09:43 AM
I didn't even have to leave the country to get my account frozen. At work, we get our internet access via the States and logging on from there triggered an account freeze. They did however modify my account in some way to allow me to log on from work, so I suggest you give them a call.

AcmeSalesRep
09-01-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure they don't do this between the us and canada. though that's not what the OP was asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

They shut me down when I tried to log in from Canada...at least with my account, US --> Canada was no good...

Acme