PDA

View Full Version : Call All-In With QQ?

09-01-2005, 01:22 AM
I posted this on the Heads-up section as well as this situation refers to heads-up but I felt I could get more help here as well.

Ok so here was the situation. Me and about 7 other friends began a small tournament. $5 entry with blinds starting at just .10/.20. Eventually it got down to me and another guy with blinds at .30/.60.

I get QQ. I am at big blind so I raise $1. Opponent calls calls and re-raises $2 more dollars. I call his re-raise and re-raise him $3 more dollars. He calls.

Flops comes out J,9,7. No 2 suites alike. He checks, I bet $2. He goes All-In. I call. The turn and river were T,A I believe. He flops over pocket JJ, a set!

Should I have called his all-in? I played tight the entire time considering these guys are very loose and play with rubish hands to the river.

JeanieJ
09-01-2005, 04:37 AM
First off if the blinds were .30/.60 you can't raise to $1. The minimum raise would be 1.20.

I don't understand your post too well but your call was fine (even if your betting is wrong).

mickeynygaard
09-01-2005, 04:41 AM
i think he raises it 1$, making it 1.6$ to go.

Id probably make it 2$ to go or something like that, but other then that i see nothing wrong with the hands, its heads up, the odds of him having a monster preflop aint that big, the odds of him flopping a set is even smaller /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mickey