PDA

View Full Version : Who's with me? WARNING: UNCONVERTED!!

DarrenX
09-01-2005, 01:19 AM
#Game No : 2632835208
***** Hand History for Game 2632835208 *****
NL Texas Hold'em Trny:15345791 Level:2 Blinds (10/20) - Thursday, September 01, 00:26:13 EDT 2005
Table Multi-Table(443925) Table #12 (Real Money)
Seat 8 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 2: JA1109 ( $1095 )
Seat 3: DarrenX ( $935 )
Seat 4: TheDaveMan_ ( $745 )
Seat 5: EastTxRoundr ( $2250 )
Seat 6: ICthenutz ( $743 )
Seat 7: ItsChinatown ( $905 )
Seat 8: Rounder9999 ( $922 )
Seat 9: jac432 ( $1340 )
Seat 10: Helofan ( $1065 )
Seat 1: rudydog777 ( $1880 )
Trny:15345791 Level:2
Blinds (10/20)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to DarrenX [ Kh As ]
rudydog777 calls [20].
JA1109 folds.
DarrenX raises [80].
TheDaveMan_ folds.
EastTxRoundr folds.
ICthenutz folds.
ItsChinatown folds.
Rounder9999 folds.
jac432 folds.
>You have options at Table 22369 Table!.
Helofan calls [60].
rudydog777 calls [60].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9h, Ah, Tc ]
Helofan checks.
rudydog777 bets [150].
DarrenX calls [150].
Helofan folds.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 7d ]
TheDaveMan_: same flpe !!!
TheDaveMan_: that is same flop !!!
rudydog777 bets [275].
DarrenX calls [275].
** Dealing River ** [ Ad ]
TheDaveMan_: 9hAhTc
rudydog777 is all-In [1375]
DarrenX is all-In [430]

Jurollo
09-01-2005, 01:21 AM
We JUST posted a fixed converter, convert it then edit. The converter is here. (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter/) Make sure to select 2+2.
~Justin

Exitonly
09-01-2005, 01:26 AM
i think i'd probably raise before it got to the river, theres a flush draw to look out for, and you want some more information before having to make a big decision.

at 2nd glance, should raise the flop, after that you won't have enouogh to raise to 'gather info' you'll just have to go allin.

Jurollo
09-01-2005, 01:32 AM
Preflop you are fine. Raise the flop though, you have a coordinated board (2 hearts) and want the orginal bettor to have to make a decision here, perhaps a raise to T400 or so and push the turn if he calls.
~Justin

0evg0
09-01-2005, 01:32 AM
I'm with you.

Did he have something fun like JQh?

Actually, didn't notice the size of the bet on the flop. That's looking pretty weak from villain and I'm probably reraising to 400-500.

DarrenX
09-01-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop you are fine. Raise the flop though, you have a coordinated board (2 hearts) and want the orginal bettor to have to make a decision here, perhaps a raise to T400 or so and push the turn if he calls.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

It COULD be a flush draw, but what flush draw could he have with a hand that's good for a limp/call utg (note: Ace is part of 2-flush)? Figured I was way ahead/way behind here, which is why I took this line.

DarrenX
09-01-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm with you.

Did he have something fun like JQh?

Actually, didn't notice the size of the bet on the flop. That's looking pretty weak from villain and I'm probably reraising to 400-500.

[/ QUOTE ]

3/5ths pot bet is weak? That's pretty much what I was planning on betting if checked to me.

Jurollo
09-01-2005, 01:54 AM
QhTh, QhJh. AQo, AQs, AJs, AJo, and ATs could all work here too.
~Justin

Jurollo
09-01-2005, 01:55 AM
You aren't that far behind much other than, A9, 99, or TT, possibly T9s, either way I think you are ok to repop him on the flop, in fact that is definately the move I take here.
~Justin

DarrenX
09-01-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You aren't that far behind much other than, A9, 99, or TT, possibly T9s, either way I think you are ok to repop him on the flop, in fact that is definately the move I take here.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you put him on that makes repopping him here make sense? If he has AQ or AJ, I'll let him keep the lead. If he slows down on the turn, I'll take it. Not sure what else he could have that I can beat.

By the way, thanks for the converter fix, but I couldn't get it to work- will try again tomorrow... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DarrenX
09-01-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
QhTh, QhJh. AQo, AQs, AJs, AJo, and ATs could all work here too.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe I'm giving utg too much credit here in playing only pairs and AQ+ here for a limp/call. Of course, the cc by the other guy probably helped his call with some of the weaker hands you mentioned...

Jurollo
09-01-2005, 02:08 AM
If it is heads up you can tighten his range up a little. However, I think you are ahead far more than 75% but I would push my edge on the flop. Rather than having to guess on the turn.
~Justin

Apathy
09-01-2005, 03:13 AM
I push the turn for sure, and raise the flop quite often as well, there are quite a few draws available and you aren't getting away from this one by calling down.

DarrenX
09-01-2005, 11:46 AM
One bump for the day crowd... flame away /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

ekky
09-01-2005, 11:51 AM
I'd push the turn here

If he is drawing, you will only get the rest of his chips in the pot if he hits on the river. Might as well get them in the middle on the turn, while he is full of hope.

If he has you beat, I suspect you are calling the river anyway, so that doesn't really affect the outcome of the hand.

Push turn

Prime Time
09-01-2005, 12:22 PM
I don't mind your line since you have position.
You cannot get away from this hand in my opinion esp. this early in the tourny.

MrMoo
09-01-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd push the turn here

If he is drawing, you will only get the rest of his chips in the pot if he hits on the river. Might as well get them in the middle on the turn, while he is full of hope.

If he has you beat, I suspect you are calling the river anyway, so that doesn't really affect the outcome of the hand.

Push turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd either pop the flop or use the above.

By calling the turn, what do you gain? You give him a free card if he's on a draw and you likely don't get any more money from him if he misses. If he makes his draw, he bets again and you likely call. He checks the river on a missed draw, you bet and he folds. At least if you pop the turn he may call on the draw and still miss. Obviously he may push on a missed draw but I doubt thats likely given your action throughout the hand.

DarrenX
09-01-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd push the turn here

Push turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd either pop the flop or use the above.

By calling the turn, what do you gain? You give him a free card if he's on a draw and you likely don't get any more money from him if he misses. If he makes his draw, he bets again and you likely call. He checks the river on a missed draw, you bet and he folds. At least if you pop the turn he may call on the draw and still miss. Obviously he may push on a missed draw but I doubt thats likely given your action throughout the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stated earlier the range of hands I had put him on, and didn't see a draw as a likely hand, especially how he was playing it.

In retrospect, I think the turn was where I needed to make my decision as to whether or not I wanted to play for my stack, and it should have been push or fold (Moo and others, you're right...) I felt trapped in the hand, but my buddy brought up a good point that it's probably a hand that I shouldn't be trying to get away from in the long run.

Thanks for the input. (Oh yeah, he had 99 for a full- well played, Villian... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

TakenItEasy
09-01-2005, 05:20 PM
Unfortunately I read this post after you posted results but I honestly thought this had reeked of set or 2 pair.

Unless this is a low buy-in I would really have to discount anyone limping UTG with AQ or AJ. I could see limp/calling and leading flop with AT, A9s, TT, 99, KhQh. You are way behind with just about everything except KQh or just a bad player (still early in tounament). I would even have to discount a bluff here since he would have to give you credit for a big A.

Still a tough laydown so raise flop and fold to a reraise.