PDA

View Full Version : Can PokerRoom really do this?

golfcchs
09-01-2005, 01:05 AM
About 3 weeks ago me friends account and mine were frozen when my friend tried to cash out $1100 because of suspicious activity. The suspicious activity was that my friend and I played heads up in a private ring game where I intentionally lost $700 to him because I owed him some money and was over the transfer limit.

Pokerroom asked us to send a picture of our ID's and the credit card to clear up the issue (we used the same credit card to deposit because my bank does not allow online gambling) We send them the credit card and the ID's over a week ago and pokerroom has been refusing to respond to our e-mails making me think they our going to take our money. Can they really do this? We broke no rules, that I know of, and did not cheat anyone.

Uglyowl
09-01-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We broke no rules, that I know of,

[/ QUOTE ]

Chip dumping is against the rules. That being said, hope they cooperate in returning your $

wall_st
09-01-2005, 01:09 AM
You cannot do this it is in the terms and conditions that you agree to when you sign up for a site. If you get your money back I will be very surprised.

This rule is in place for a vareity of reasons. Basically pokerroom is not a bank to facilitate your transfers. If they allowed this sort of activity imagine how much money would be laundered through their site.

Voltron87
09-01-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The suspicious activity was that my friend and I played heads up in a private ring game where I intentionally lost $700 to him because I owed him some money and was over the transfer limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
We broke no rules

[/ QUOTE ]

how [censored] stupid can you be, on so many levels

rusellmj
09-01-2005, 01:21 AM
WTF? You couldn't give the guy a check?

dogmeat
09-01-2005, 01:24 AM
Bummer - this is why you should be over 16 years old AND /images/graemlins/tongue.gif over 100 IQ to play online.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Freudian
09-01-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bummer - this is why you should be over 16 years old AND /images/graemlins/tongue.gif over 100 IQ to play online.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like my opponents to be the former but not the latter.

radek2166
09-01-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can they really do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

yup

Jurollo
09-01-2005, 01:35 AM
You are the front runner for idiot poster of the year right now. I would be willing to bet you will not get a cent of your money back. Not only did you dump chips, big NO NO, but you did it with an account that has been funded with the same card. Geesh, where are these people coming from?
~Justin

boedeker
09-01-2005, 01:41 AM
what is your problem backing boy? take what the kid said at face value. he didnt know, wont do it again - 100% getting your money back.

timprov
09-01-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are the front runner for idiot poster of the year right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frankly, in a year that's had Jesus Spam Guy, WackoJacko et al, and most recently I Wrote A Poker Novel Spam Guy, this ain't even close. Just another low-level moron chip-dumper.

Jurollo
09-01-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are the front runner for idiot poster of the year right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frankly, in a year that's had Jesus Spam Guy, WackoJacko et al, and most recently I Wrote A Poker Novel Spam Guy, this ain't even close. Just another low-level moron chip-dumper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he really think this was 'OK', you have to have a major malfunction to not understand this.
~Justin

Jurollo
09-01-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what is your problem backing boy? take what the kid said at face value. he didnt know, wont do it again - 100% getting your money back.

[/ QUOTE ]
I took what he said at face value and it is a downright moronic thing to do, wait to your limits clear. I cannot stress this enough as maybe it will stop others from doing it. That said it is really stupid to do. 'Backing boy' - extremely clever, really boils my blood.
~Justin

TheHip41
09-01-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
About 3 weeks ago me friends account and mine were frozen when my friend tried to cash out $1100 because of suspicious activity. The suspicious activity was that my friend and I played heads up in a private ring game where I intentionally lost $700 to him because I owed him some money and was over the transfer limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped reading at this point. You are retarded. You money is gone. Chip dumping is bad.

Non_Comformist
09-01-2005, 02:06 AM
nice hand

golfcchs
09-01-2005, 02:47 AM
Ok I guess this was really stupid, but I will not make this mistake again. The only reason I though I could get my money was I was not cheating pokerroom or anyone else out of money.
Do poker site usually remaian silent when they take your money? Wouldn't they at least send me some kind of e-mail?

Jurollo
09-01-2005, 02:57 AM
I would call them. 1-888-MY-POKER {1888-697-6537}

09-01-2005, 03:25 AM
First of all, shame on your friend for being into you for $700. Secondly, why not just transfer the maximum one day, and transfer the rest another? Better yet, why didn't you just cash out, and give him the money when you get it? I mean, even if you lose it all to him, he's not going to get it any faster than you. I really like you're decision-making process and, since you won't be playing at that poker site ever again, let me recommend UltimateBet.com. I'm not affiliated with that site, but that's where I play. Let me know your screen name and I'll look for you at the NL tables. And, if it makes you feel better, you can dump your chips my way.

ripped
09-01-2005, 03:30 AM
duh

ripped
09-01-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
WTF? You couldn't give the guy a check?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha no [censored]

golfcchs
09-01-2005, 03:44 AM
I was going out of town that weekend so I could not sing the check over to him when I cashed out. Thought it would be faster for him to cash it out. Obivousely not lol.

MarkGrandy
09-01-2005, 03:48 AM
right or wrong, I dont like PokerRoom after this.
I'm not going to open an account at PokerRoom, even it was my plan before I red this.

Jurollo
09-01-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to open an account at PokerRoom, even it was my plan before I <font color="red">red</font> this.

[/ QUOTE ]

If anything it should make you want to open an account more knowing that they actually pay attention to what is going on at there tables. Chip dumping infringes on the integrity of online poker and any site that does not have a zero tolerance policy on this will never get my service. Seriously, would you rather play at sites that allow this sort of shady money laundering? In your world drug deals, and other illicit activity, including credit card fraud would happen on an infintesimal level. If you aren't going to play PR now make it for a legitimate reason, i.e. their new rake structure, rather than the fact that they are sticking it to a kid who laundered money to his buddy on their site as that only reflects badly upon you as well.
~Justin

PLOlover
09-01-2005, 06:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In your world drug deals, and other illicit activity, including credit card fraud would happen on an infintesimal level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds great to me.

JayLeno
09-01-2005, 07:59 AM
I did the same thing at paradise with my father.
The reason was that I was no longer using Firepay but paradise cashed my money out to firepay. Therefore I "dumped" it to my fathers account in an unreal "capped all hands" one on one session.
They immediatedly send me an email demanding an answer to the "suspicious play" but didnt freeze my account. I wrote them the real reason and they thanked me for my honesty - and told me to use the transfer function next time.
Class act!
By the way - since then they have cashed out to my neteller even though there where still money supposed to go back to my firepay account. Another class act!

Ro-me-ro
09-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Bottom line -- if you have a problem regarding any specific account related issue, send the site support an email. 95% of the time the site will be able to help you out.

Remember that transfer limits are there for the site's protection. Once players have a credit history most sites are happy to increase your various limits.

If you email them with a legitimate reason, they can look into your account and approve these things.

Rom

dlk9s
09-01-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was going out of town that weekend so I could not sing the check over to him when I cashed out. Thought it would be faster for him to cash it out. Obivousely not lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Write check
2) Put check in envelope
3) Address and stamp envelope
4) Deposit envelope into mailbox

Folding Pete
09-02-2005, 03:00 AM
It is against their rules but I hope you get your $ back.

If you are both legit players then Pokerroom would be stealing your money by not returning it. A much greater crime than your rule breach.

It is necessary to have rules like this to protect from fraud however just because a rule is broken it doesn't give a site carte blanche to steal all a player's money for themselves. That would be neither just, fair or equitable.

Always be folding

Jim Kuhn
09-02-2005, 03:14 AM
Rom,

With a first class organization like PokerStars your advice is true. With many of these beyond the third world poker site support systems it is a major roll of the dice!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

LargeCents
09-02-2005, 07:34 AM
He's a noob who's never heard of chip dumping. Give him a break. We were all noobs once.

That said, you'll probably get your money if you are persistent. But, man, WTF were you thinking? lmao.

Noobs, if you're reading this. Don't chip dump. Just don't. Many online poker rooms have transfer options. Give that a try. Don't chip dump.

lorinda
09-02-2005, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Pokerroom asked us to send a picture of our ID's and the credit card to clear up the issue (we used the same credit card to deposit because my bank does not allow online gambling) We send them the credit card and the ID's over a week ago and pokerroom has been refusing to respond to our e-mails making me think they our going to take our money. Can they really do this? We broke no rules, that I know of, and did not cheat anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There seem to be at least two sub plots here.. I've highlighted them for you.

Lori

Phill S
09-02-2005, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It is against their rules but I hope you get your $ back.

If you are both legit players then Pokerroom would be stealing your money by not returning it. A much greater crime than your rule breach.

It is necessary to have rules like this to protect from fraud however just because a rule is broken it doesn't give a site carte blanche to steal all a player's money for themselves. That would be neither just, fair or equitable.

Always be folding

[/ QUOTE ]

He shouldnt get his money back.

Welcome to darwinism, pokerroom style. If your stupid enough to have two accounts using 1 credit card to deposit, and then chip dump, you deserve to lose your money.

Send the cash to one of the many disasters that has happened recently.

Phill

golfcchs
09-18-2005, 07:18 PM
Just thought you might be interested in knowing that I got my money from pokerroom, although it took 3 weeks.

theben
09-18-2005, 07:35 PM
chip dumping is against the rules. however, there have been previous cases like this with other main sites and after the players explain thier scenarios, the sites have always released the money. unfortunetly, you may be in trouble because pokerroom is run by a bunch of assh0le morons. you should have known better and not chip dumped in this first place. give your friend a check. basic common sense saves you from problems like this

Greg J
09-18-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to open an account at PokerRoom, even it was my plan before I <font color="red">red</font> this.

[/ QUOTE ]

If anything it should make you want to open an account more knowing that they actually pay attention to what is going on at <font color="red">there</font> tables. Chip dumping infringes on the integrity of online poker and any site that does not have a zero tolerance policy on this will never get my service. Seriously, would you rather play at sites that allow this sort of shady money laundering? In your world drug deals, and other illicit activity, including credit card fraud would happen on an infintesimal level. If you aren't going to play PR now make it for a legitimate reason, i.e. their new rake structure, rather than the fact that they are sticking it to a kid who laundered money to his buddy on their site as that only reflects badly upon you as well.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]
Irony rocks! (Crap! Now I can't mispell anything in this post!)

Seriously, PR should give the guy his money back IMO. I understand this is to combat money laundering, and I don't mind them scaring this guy straight, after they make sure he is not a drug dealer or terrorist. But yeah, this was pretty dumb, but certainly no dumber that other chip dumping posts, and probably less dumb than most. At least this guy seems to know he should not have done it after being told so repeatedly (as opposed to the clowns who argue they didn't do anything wrong ad nauseum).

ejustin
09-18-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Irony rocks! (Crap! Now I can't <font color="red"> mispell</font> anything in this post!)

Seriously, PR should give the guy his money back IMO. I understand this is to combat money laundering, and I don't mind them scaring this guy straight, after they make sure he is not a drug dealer or terrorist. But yeah, this was pretty dumb, but certainly no dumber that other chip dumping posts, and probably less dumb than most. At least this guy seems to know he should not have done it after being told so repeatedly (as opposed to the clowns who argue they didn't do anything wrong ad nauseum).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I couldnt resist. Should be misspell.

mis新pell ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ms-spl)
tr.v. mis新pelled, or mis新pelt (-splt) mis新pell搏ng, mis新pells
To spell incorrectly.

Greg J
09-18-2005, 07:49 PM
DAMMIT! I should have run the whole post through spell check.

You know I can ban you, right?

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rivered
09-18-2005, 10:01 PM
lol, couldn't help it