PDA

View Full Version : did I play any of these wrong?

09-01-2005, 12:28 AM
hand 1 (I have about 3200 chips with blinds at 100/200)-- Im on the button, player 4 calls, i have AT sooted, and 2x player 4s chips. I raise, blinds fold, player 4 reraises and only has 400 chips left, i go all in, he has AA and wins.

I probably should have been wary of the limp then reraise, but he was shortstacked....

at the point im shortstacked, with M of ~4.

Hand 2 (I have 1400 chips, blinds at 100/200). Im BB with J5 off. One raise to 2xBB, one call, so I call (>5:1 odds). Hit two pairs on the flop, go all in, Player 4 shows KK, and the board pairs on the turn so my two pairs are counterfeited. I loose the hand with 600 chips remaining.

Next hand I have 55, go all in, and double up, so Im at 1200 chips.

A few hands later:

Hand 3 (1200 chips, 100/200 blinds). Im on button, one caller, I go all in with AT sooted. Player 2 (the caller) calls with A6 sooted and makes his flush, Im out of the tourny.

With exception of Hand 1, is there anything else I could have done? I kind of feel like these situations are the situations you ahve to come out of smelling like roses to do well in a tourny....

Exitonly
09-01-2005, 12:44 AM
Well, for future posts (and for this one would be good) you need to include blind sizes, players remaining, and stack sizes.

as for hand #1.. a limp reraise from a short stack is pretty scary and ATs isn't so hot, probably lay that down, but need to know blinds/stacks to know.

hand 2, just be aware that mini-raises (2x BB) are often (depends on the buyin, and such) big pairs, so make sure you hit the flop hard if you're going to be commiting a lot of chips. Soundns like you did, and just got a bad beat. Nothing you can do.

hand 3, i dont see what problem you have with it.. you got all in with a guy that you had dominated. Again, blind sizes would be nice.

09-01-2005, 12:50 AM
I added some more info, from now on Ill save the histories and use a converter....

thanx -- a buddy of mine said "sounds like you got your chips in when you were the favorite, which is the best you can hope to do" and I agree with him...

Exitonly
09-01-2005, 01:17 AM
Alright, well now with hand 1 sounds like you got commited to it, sucks running up against aces.. (you could still fold, but the chances he did this with middle pairs i think is too big.)

09-01-2005, 01:30 AM
wrt hand 1, I agree with your assessment. Noone had shown any real strength, on the button with AT sooted raising is reasonable, and after his reraise I was getting 3-1 odds, plus I knew I couldnt go out that hand since his stack was relatively small...

in the end, thats poker...