PDA

View Full Version : Bubble, hero in BB, minraised all-in, what range do you call with?

jedinite
09-01-2005, 12:27 AM
Party $20+2. We're on the bubble. Blinds are 100/200, you've got just T310 chips left after posting your big blind. Button min-raises to T400. Button has massive lead and is a solid, agressive player - could be raising any two here but also could recognize that with Hero's situation, calling standards are way low and its likely he's going to run this out...

What are you hand ranges to call all-in (push over the top for T110 more which will certainly be called) in this scenario, and why?

Abstracted hand history:

Seat 6: BUTTON ( $4820 )
Seat 7: player1 ( $1645 )
Seat 8: HERO ( $510 )
Seat 9: player2 ( $1025 )
Level:6 Blinds(100/200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ X Y ]
player1 folds.
BUTTON raises [400].
player2 folds.
HERO is all in....

I decided to post this question here as my roommate (a 2+2 lurker) saw my play and thought I made a mistake in how i played it. We ended up having a decently productive discussion about the scenario, and I wanted to bring it here for more feedback...

ChuckNorris
09-01-2005, 12:31 AM
two cards

the_joker
09-01-2005, 12:42 AM
Any two cards. Stop-n-go I don't think will work. An alternate line could be to fold and see if someone else gets knocked out in the next round, but this is probably unlikely.

Freudian
09-01-2005, 01:10 AM
Call with any two. Push the flop. The chance that he will fold on the flop is tiny but it is larger than the chance that he folds to a preflop push.

caretaker1
09-01-2005, 04:17 AM
All-in with any two. Pure pot odds: 310 to win 810 (2.6 to 1). Even if you have 3,2 off, your only a litte worse than 2 to 1 against any 2 higher unpaired cards. Folding is terrible as it doesn't leave you any chips; take the stand and hope for the best.

bennies
09-01-2005, 07:20 AM
hmmm, about top 75%? (example: J2o+, 95o+)

The second small stack is rather low too, so I don't call with 32o here, it's possible to come back from t310.

09-01-2005, 07:28 AM
Any two. Possibly just 1.

jedinite
09-01-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hmmm, about top 75%? (example: J2o+, 95o+)

The second small stack is rather low too, so I don't call with 32o here, it's possible to come back from t310.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the position that my roommate argued.

I took the "pot odds" track, pushing with 63o. He tried to stop me, in his mind I was mistakenly thinking I had more chips on this table and I was making a FE play without any ammunition. In actuality I knew I had zero FE and was hoping for two live cards against any two bigger cards with good pot odds.

He argued that I should have pushed something in the area of top 75% only, that my opponent was smart enough to know that I would call with almost anything here and thus would only be making this move with a top 50% hand range. He recommended folding and hoping someone would bust next hand, if not pushing next hand if it was folded to me.

bigt439
09-01-2005, 05:13 PM
If I knew this guy was pushing with top 50% I call every time with two cards. I think you can even do that for top 25%. Of course he's never pushing less than top 25% unless he is asleep. I'm pretty sure I can say that your roommate is wrong without there being a grey area.

In response to an earlier post the chance of someone busting while you're sitting on t310 is almost nil, and you have no FE so you pushing does nothing. You need the chips from your bb to help double you up.

bennies
09-02-2005, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

This is the position that my roommate argued.
He tried to stop me...

[/ QUOTE ]

what did he do exactly??? lol

No, I'm not sure if you were not right to push. I don't think it is as clear as some of the others though. If I read the table correctly you'll be sb next hand with the other shortstack in bb. Often you should have a coinflip there and if you double up the two of you will be even. Of course this is not wonderful either...

hmm, ok - call with top 90% then...