PDA

View Full Version : Hold 'em Games at The Mirage

01-06-2002, 05:56 PM
I'm a mid-limit hold 'em player planning to spend a weekend in Vegas in May. It's been quite awhile since I've played at The Mirage. Can any of you provide any input concerning whether the games are any good at The Mirage, or should I simply play at the Bellagio?

Thanks in advance.

01-06-2002, 11:16 PM
I've only played the 6-12 game at the Mirage and it's definitely beatable.

Based on my observations of the 10-20 and 20-40 games, they seem beatable as well. There are typically 3-5 players seeing every flop whether or not there is a raise. It doesn't appear to be a difficult game. But, I'll have to let those who have played in the games correct me.

I've played the 8-16 game at the Bellagio and it was a bit tighter than the Mirage 6-12. The 15-30 and 30-60 games at the Bellagio seemed the same as the bigger games at the Mirage from a spectator's point of view. I didn't notice any substantial difference between the big games at the Mirage and Bellagio.

01-07-2002, 12:21 AM
I am not a world traveled card player. Infact the last time I was in Vegas was five years ago. But, one thing I am positive is true, yesterdays game has nothing to do with next weeks game. Even in my home court the games are different everyday.

SPM,...just a thought...

01-07-2002, 04:32 AM
I happen to like them. There are usually several games at both $20-$30 and $20-$40 and an occasional $40-$80.

01-08-2002, 01:06 PM
My experience in the LV poker rooms is limited, but recent and real. In the Mirage the $10,20 games can be very tough as they can hold accomplished players who lack a bankroll sufficient for bigger play, and they are smart enough to chose $10,20 exactly for this reason. Be aware that the $20,40 game may hold some loose canons, like those who've lost their inhibitions through drink, or tourists with money who overestimate their skill.

I'm not saying that this situation exists always, but it certainly (and exactly) was this way the very few times I played there.