PDA

View Full Version : Completing in SB with a limper

helpmeout
08-31-2005, 11:34 PM
10/20 so 1/2 blind structure

I use to complete here with a lot of junk Q5 J7 etc now I am wondering about how much I should tighten up.

My main problem here is that I catch bottom pair with these kind of hands bet into 2 opponents get one or 2 callers then get to the turn. Hmm wtf do I do now?

It usually results in me

1. Checking and folding the best hand or
2. Betting or calling with the worst hand

So my question is what type of hands do you complete with here?

I am starting to think maybe 2 cards over 8 + the usual suited connector type stuff.

Too tight too loose?

thanks

baronzeus
08-31-2005, 11:37 PM
i complete lots of suited hands only decent (T8o+, 87o+) unsuited hands.

Lurker4
08-31-2005, 11:59 PM
I think your completing range should of course hinge on the openlimper (who usually tends to play poorly postflop anyway), and more importantly, the BB. I'll complete a lot more vs a loose and poor playing openlimper and a passive BB. If a decent TAG is in the BB who will open his PFR range b/c he recognizes the generally weak hands that an openlimper + SB completer have, then I probably chuck some of the hands I'd limp otherwise. Same if a LAG is in the BB. I'll usually complete a lot of the suited big cards that I won't raise with, small PPs, as for offsuit hands I probably only complete J9/JT/Q9/K9/T9. I'll usually fold anything worse and raise anything better.

Lurker4
09-01-2005, 12:02 AM
also forgot to add, suited connectors 76s+, one gaps 86s+, two gaps probably T7s+, something like that. It would be interesting to see some kind of PT query analysis on how different groups of hands do in the SB after one openlimper, maybe Peter_rus or Nate has already done something like this.

ISF
09-01-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I am starting to think maybe 2 cards over 8 + the usual suited connector type stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is pretty much how I play with a limper in ths sb.

Jeff W
09-01-2005, 12:23 AM
I complete frequently after 1 limper. Any two offsuit X7+, Any two suited X5s+, any suited face card, any king, any pair, any ace.

I bet out a lot with pairs if they bored isn't too coordinated. I try to respect boards that hit limpers--Ex: two cards from 9->Q and exploit boards like Axx Kxx where I have more fold equity.

Of course, since I moved down to 10/20 I have been spewing a lot of chips bluffing on those flops(people call way more liberally), but they're still good flops for middle/bottom pair.

helpmeout
09-01-2005, 12:31 AM
Being overaggressive and bluffing/thinking my Ahigh is best is a bit of a problem for me.

In the bigger games you can steal so much more but back at 10/20 they arent folding bottom pair/overcards/gutshot + 1 overcard type hands.