PDA

View Full Version : 3 Handed KQs

Dan Rutter
08-31-2005, 10:35 PM
3 handed 20+2 SNG
I am dealt Kh Qh in the BB. There is no SB in this hand as he was just eliminated the previous hand. I am the shortstack with about $4,000 and post the $300 blind. I have a fairly tight image right now. I have not pushed once that I remember, and have not shown down any hand besides AA once. UTG folds, he has been playing fairly tight. He has about $5,000 in chips.

The button min-raises it. He has been overall loose and aggressive. He doubled me up early with 66 on a 974 twoflush board in a four handed pot, when I held AA. He also doubled up the 4th place player when he called an over the pot sized bet on the turn with a gutshot straight draw. He has not always raised when folded to, but has at least always limped. He has raised at least 50 percent of the time though. He has around $6,000 in chips.

I call his min-raise. If you think I should have raised him there let me know.

Flop is 9s Th 9h

What is my plan?

jt1
08-31-2005, 11:03 PM
RU ITM?

Dan Rutter
08-31-2005, 11:07 PM
Yes, I am ITM

Freudian
08-31-2005, 11:09 PM
I think calling is fine here, especially since you seem to feel you have the edge postflop.

Postflop I don't mind a checkraise.

Havok
08-31-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think calling is fine here, especially since you seem to feel you have the edge postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think since your first to act you can do one of two things bet between 1/3 to 1/2 the pot to see where your at. You can take the pot down right there. Or be really aggressive since your in the money and just push. You have the 2nd nut flush draw, plus two overs so your actually a favorite here with two cards to come. Unless of course you put villian on tens here in which case you would be drawing dead. Side note. I tend to lean more toward not pushing when the flop is paired like this, and betting about 1/3rd of the pot.