PDA

View Full Version : ipod ?

sublime
08-31-2005, 10:05 PM
i lost a lot of my desktop stuff a few weeks ago, but had all my music on my ipod. when i plug it back into my computer, will the data reload on the hard drive?

IronDragon1
08-31-2005, 10:07 PM
Unfortunately no

sublime
08-31-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately no

[/ QUOTE ]

will i lose the data on the ipod?

istewart
08-31-2005, 10:11 PM
No, it's still there. You don't need music to be on your HD in order to be on your iPod, if that is what you're asking.

jason_t
08-31-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately no

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure that you don't have iTunes set to auto update or whatever it is called or you will lose your music.

You can get your music back on to your HDD by using ephpod.

john smith
08-31-2005, 10:16 PM
It's pretty easy to copy all your songs from your iPod to your HD. Go here (http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/beginners-guide-to-using-ipods-as-hard-disks/) .

sublime
08-31-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately no

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure that you don't have iTunes set to auto update or whatever it is called or you will lose your music.

[/ QUOTE ]

i suck at this stuff.

downloaded ephod. shows all my songs that are on my ipod. now what? how do i get them on my HD?

also, my ipod has that f=-ing "do not disconect" messgae blinking, and when i try to eject it from the driver i cant.

Voltron87
08-31-2005, 11:10 PM
everyone should get this program. its called copypod. it lets you copy songs at will from any ipod, and burn to any ipod. good interface. google copypod. you can get a licensed version from emule.

AZK
08-31-2005, 11:12 PM
Put Ipod in dock. Once in dock, hit CTRL+SHIFT which shoudl stop it from loading Itunes, the thing with Itunes is that you can only disable the autosync feature under the ipod tab, which is only active once you put your pod in. I recently swapped 2 ipods worth of music with people by borrowing their's. I downloaded Ipod Agent which was real easy, load it, it recognizes the ipod, go to songs, click select all, then click copy to hard drive...Ephpod should have a similar set up, but I found it more annoying to work with then Ipod Agent....As for ejecting the Ipod, do you remove it under your USB connections in your tray?

Duffman
08-31-2005, 11:13 PM
Copypod (http://www.copypod.net/)

30 day free trial I think. Maybe 15. You can only copy 100 songs at a time I think.

Voltron87
08-31-2005, 11:14 PM
dl emule, get a licensed copy. emule takes a retardedly long time to get a 700 kb file, it can take up to 7-8 hours, but it has tons of semi obscure stuff and music singles.

sublime
08-31-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Put Ipod in dock. Once in dock, hit CTRL+SHIFT which shoudl stop it from loading Itunes, the thing with Itunes is that you can only disable the autosync feature under the ipod tab, which is only active once you put your pod in. I recently swapped 2 ipods worth of music with people by borrowing their's. I downloaded Ipod Agent which was real easy, load it, it recognizes the ipod, go to songs, click select all, then click copy to hard drive...Ephpod should have a similar set up, but I found it more annoying to work with then Ipod Agent....As for ejecting the Ipod, do you remove it under your USB connections in your tray?

[/ QUOTE ]

well i have ephod up now with the songs on it, so ill try to figure it out (well someone can tell me)

yeah, i put it in a USB port.

fwiw- the itunes thing has come up already asking me if i want to use this 'new' library. i said no.

i probably lost all my music. i suck.

jason_t
08-31-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately no

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i suck at this stuff.

downloaded ephod. shows all my songs that are on my ipod. now what? how do i get them on my HD?

[/ QUOTE ]

Select the songs, right click and go to Copy Songs to Directory. From there I think you can handle it.

sublime
08-31-2005, 11:39 PM
itunes sucks

ipod sucks

apple sucks

read between the fcuking lines

im gonna beat up a homless person. wheres alobar? he cAN hold him down.

jason_t
08-31-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
itunes sucks

ipod sucks

apple sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Have you moved to California already?

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-01-2005, 12:38 AM
What a piece of [censored].

09-01-2005, 05:44 AM
Sell your ipod and get an iaudio x5. So much easier. And no gay itunes to deal with. It's like an extra harddrive.

Alobar
09-01-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
itunes sucks

ipod sucks

apple sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

can we pee on him when we are finished?

sublime
09-01-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sell your ipod and get an iaudio x5. So much easier. And no gay itunes to deal with. It's like an extra harddrive.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i emailed Itunes and complained that their software killed my music collection. they told me I can redownload thie music I bought off Itunes for free. Not bad.

09-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Nice F'ing avatar

09-01-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i lost a lot of my desktop stuff a few weeks ago, but had all my music on my ipod. when i plug it back into my computer, will the data reload on the hard drive?

[/ QUOTE ]

You may have solved this by now but...

-Plug in your ipod
-In itunes, select all of the songs on your ipod
-Click and drag all of them to your library

-That should work.

09-01-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You may have solved this by now but...

-Plug in your ipod
-In itunes, select all of the songs on your ipod
-Click and drag all of them to your library

-That should work.

[/ QUOTE ]

-disregard, I misread your problem.

pokerdirty
09-01-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
windoze sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

PITTM
09-01-2005, 06:40 PM
sharepod is insanely easy to use, and free. download that. my friend and i use it to give each other new music we got.

rj

stabn
09-01-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
windoze sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

That has nothing to do w/ this situation. It all revolves around apples one library bullshit design.