PDA

View Full Version : JTo river bluff

Entity
08-31-2005, 09:40 PM
Villain is on the weak side, but plays a good TAG game preflop.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

River: (4 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

Trix
08-31-2005, 09:48 PM
I think he has Ax too often or may call with a PP for one more since your line is somewhat suspicious, however thats spelled.

dave44
09-01-2005, 08:46 AM
I like it- I think an ace or king could certainly play the hand this way and he should fold an underpair most of the time. However, the small pot means you're pulling only a small profit.

TStoneMBD
09-01-2005, 09:14 AM
i dont really like it. youre trying to represent a whiffed turn checkraise, but its really strange of you to try to checkraise the river after youve missed the turn. you would have almost certainly just led out there. i think you will get called down with any pair that was worth value betting too often. if villain is aggressive preflop and would 3bet you with 2 cards under a Q (he would have checked queen high down) he probably would have bet the turn if he was bluffing instead of the river as that is just much more convincing. it looks like he gave up on the bluff on the flop and spiked a nine on the river. the pot is too small and i think villain will call too often to make a checkraise profitable. it needs to work 1:2.5 times to be neutral ev, but i really question whether he would even fold a 9 that often. i really cant see him folding an ace if thats what hes holding.

spamuell
09-01-2005, 09:20 AM
Don't like, too suspicious, get called too often.

In general though, I like your unexpected river checkraises with a wide range of hands against TAGs HU, you certainly got a ton of free showdowns against me that you wouldn't otherwise have got.

MAxx
09-01-2005, 09:35 AM
I dont really like it. Looks suspicious. Don't really expect this to pay off often enough. Why not just lead the river in this spot if you want to make a play?

spamuell
09-01-2005, 11:01 AM
Why not just lead the river in this spot if you want to make a play?

Too often I think the opponent checks behind the turn with the intention of calling the river.

Entity
09-01-2005, 11:31 AM
I agree that this looks far too suspicious. Though it worked, I'm guessing he had QJ at best. Betting is probably better, though I think he checks the turn with the intention of calling a lot of hands on the river.

Rob