PDA

View Full Version : scene in a movie mulhol drive, talented ripley, mystic river ?

Maulik
08-31-2005, 09:19 PM
so its either from the following movie or a figment of my imagination:

mulholland drive
mystic river
talented ripley

so there is a murder and the police are looking for a body which was buried. well the cops are having a hard time tracing the body down mnd come across it as they find him driving buy extremely fast. the driver is dead, the car is soaked in gasoline and driven in a straight line into power generators or some such where sparks fly and ignite the car into an inferno.

thanks.

Rushmore
08-31-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so its either from the following movie or a figment of my imagination:

mulholland drive
mystic river
talented ripley

so there is a murder and the police are looking for a body which was buried. well the cops are having a hard time tracing the body down mnd come across it as they find him driving buy extremely fast. the driver is dead, the car is soaked in gasoline and driven in a straight line into power generators or some such where sparks fly and ignite the car into an inferno.

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

It definitely is NOT Mulholland Drive or Mystic River.

Inthacup
08-31-2005, 09:44 PM
Try again. It's not Ripley either.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-31-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It definitely is NOT Mulholland Drive or Mystic River.

[/ QUOTE ]
Funny, I was just going to say it's definitely not Ripley or Mystic River.

bdk3clash
08-31-2005, 10:45 PM
It's from Mystic River II: The Reckoning. The scene with the ninjas and the helicopters is better though.

Inthacup
08-31-2005, 10:49 PM
Mystic River II: The Reckoning added to Netflix queue

Blarg
08-31-2005, 10:57 PM
Me too!

Although I did think it was from A Beautiful Mind 2: The Dorkening.

swede123
08-31-2005, 11:01 PM
The scene you describe is from Species, when the Alien chick is trying to fake her own death, by setting up this other chick to drive into a generator with a car drenched with gasoline.

Swede

HopeydaFish
08-31-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The scene you describe is from Species, when the Alien chick is trying to fake her own death, by setting up this other chick to drive into a generator with a car drenched with gasoline.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, and since Species is so similar to the other movies he mentioned, I can see why he was confused.

Maulik
09-01-2005, 01:45 AM
ugh, i've never seen any aliens / species films.

wow, i wish i knew what this was from.

Blarg
09-01-2005, 02:27 AM
Don't get mad, but you might keep in mind that it's easy to merge memories sometimes. One piece or another of your memory of that scene may actually come from another flick or even be self-invented. Like I said, don't get mad -- it happens all the time.

_2000Flushes
09-02-2005, 10:34 PM
That scene is actually from Mystic Pizza.

-2kF

09-03-2005, 01:36 AM
It's from one of the greatest comedies of all time: Used Cars. Jack Warden's character Luke died and Rudy Russo, played by Kurt Russell, has kept it a secret to keep his used car lot from falling into Luke's evil brother's hands. He finally decides to "kill" Luke by soaking his Edsel in gasoline and then doing what you described in your post. If you haven't seen it, buy the cheap DVD; it's early Robert Zemeckis before he went all "Contact" and "Forrest Gump" serious.

Maulik
09-06-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's from one of the greatest comedies of all time: Used Cars. Jack Warden's character Luke died and Rudy Russo, played by Kurt Russell, has kept it a secret to keep his used car lot from falling into Luke's evil brother's hands. He finally decides to "kill" Luke by soaking his Edsel in gasoline and then doing what you described in your post. If you haven't seen it, buy the cheap DVD; it's early Robert Zemeckis before he went all "Contact" and "Forrest Gump" serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, this is correct, wow did I manage to soil some solid films.

The Yugoslavian
09-06-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, this is correct, wow did I manage to soil some solid films.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, next time you need to 'cut the bullshit.' C'mon, get with the program!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yugoslav

Sightless
09-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Harold and Kumar go to white castle