PDA

View Full Version : $400 NL QQ how do I play this scary turn?

08-31-2005, 09:06 PM
Full ring 2/4 NL. It's been almost impossible to push people off hands on the flop. They've been calling raises with KJ and sticking around to 80% pot size bets on an undercard flop etc. Loose players, some aggressive as well but not in a good sense. Things like minraising a bet and a caller with absolutely nothing etc. My table image has to be on the tight side since I've had to laydown some good hands to crazy reraises.

I'm UTG +1 with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero ($500) Raise to $14.
MP1/Villain ($400) Call.
SB Call.
BB Fold.

Pot ($46)
Flop T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB check.
Hero bet $40.
Villain Call.
SB Fold.

At this point I put villain on two overs + flush draw at best. He would stay in here with almost anything. These guys just will not fold on the flop. Any two overs, and pair anything he's staying in here.

Turn A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

What's my play here?

If I check, villain will bet. Do I check/call here? Do I fire another barrel? I think check calling a small bet is the best play since I don't want to build the pot up with a bet as I'm in a difficult spot and oop.

After making a decision on how to play the turn, how do you play the river? Let's assume the river bricks, offsuit 3.

09-01-2005, 04:27 PM
Since no one has responded, I'll throw in something.

First, I'd raise more preflop. That's just me though. Not sure what others think. I think the flop bet is good.

Second, I'd make a bet on the turn. If the villain bets, I wouldn't think it'd be small, more like pot-size or 2/3 pot. Betting is better than calling here in my opinion because there's a chance he has air and will fold. The ace could be a scare card also. If you check, he will bet and you don't know if he's betting with an Ace or air.

If the river comes brick you should make a small blocking bet, maybe 1/3 pot. That's how I would play this. Another way would be check/fold if you think he has a hand.