PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 Poker for the Big Easy Challenge

08-31-2005, 08:01 PM
OK, so here's the deal: Poker is a hobby for me, not my job, so my winnings, if any, are entirely discretionary income I get to do with whatever I please. That being the case, I have decided to issue a challenge to all the other non-professionals on 2+2:

From tonight until September 6, I will be playing at the $100 NL tables, rather than my usual $50 tables. My winnings for the period will be donated to the American Red Cross for Katrina relief not just in New Orleans, of course, but everywhere. And because I have a day job, I'm going to match my winnings.

(To you professionals, how about taking a day or two to pitch in)

I have no idea how many 2+2ers there are, but if most of us get involved, this could add up to some fairly serious coin. What do you say? Let's make the fishies do some good in the world while they are spewing chips! Who's in?

waveball
08-31-2005, 08:16 PM
As a resident of new orleans..this is a great idea. My city is in ruins and we don't know when we can get back home. My home is ok but my business is under water. I feel for all the poeple who have nothing left and nothing to do. I am fortunate to have the means to survive but many don't. I am sure any help that we can come up with would be greatly appreciated by the entire gulf coast. Thanks

DcifrThs
08-31-2005, 08:25 PM
why not we all just donate 1k...
i just finished mandated community service @ salvation army.

i think 1k is a good amount to donate as it wont mean NEARLY as much to me as it does to the victims.

good post and i hope more people jump on.

Barron