PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 Poker for the Big Easy Challenge

08-31-2005, 08:01 PM
OK, so here's the deal: Poker is a hobby for me, not my job, so my winnings, if any, are entirely discretionary income I get to do with whatever I please. That being the case, I have decided to issue a challenge to all the other non-professionals on 2+2:

From tonight until September 6, I will be playing at the $100 NL tables, rather than my usual $50 tables. My winnings for the period will be donated to the American Red Cross for Katrina relief not just in New Orleans, of course, but everywhere. And because I have a day job, I'm going to match my winnings.

(To you professionals, how about taking a day or two to pitch in)

I have no idea how many 2+2ers there are, but if most of us get involved, this could add up to some fairly serious coin. What do you say? Let's make the fishies do some good in the world while they are spewing chips! Who's in?

Harv72b
08-31-2005, 08:06 PM
I will be donating 100% of my poker profits from the coming weekend to the relief effort.

Also check out OOT...there are a few threads up & some details about planned tournaments to benefit the victims.

peterchi
08-31-2005, 08:09 PM
in.

Just out of curiosity, how come you are moving UP while doing this?

KramerTM
08-31-2005, 08:17 PM
Not sure what schedule I can set up to play during that time, but I've been running hot lately, so I'll pitch in as well.

W. Deranged
08-31-2005, 08:19 PM
I took the lazy man's route and just made a straightforward, round-number contribution to the Red Cross, but I like the idea a lot. Great work, guys.

08-31-2005, 08:25 PM
I started out playing on the $100 tables, used my bankroll for other purposes and started over. Day before yesterday my BR hit 20xbuy ins at $100, so I probably would have moved up anyway. The prospect of making twice as much for ARC was too good to pass up, so I am moving up.

DrewOnTilt
08-31-2005, 08:32 PM
Nice job guys. I'm glad to see that many posters are going about setting up tourneys and challenges to benefit those affected by this tragedy.

Here is a link to the info on the tournament planned for next week:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3286037&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#Post3286106

chief444
08-31-2005, 08:46 PM
This is a wonderful idea. I wasn't planning on playing anymore for the next week and a half since my wedding is Saturday but if I can find a couple of hours at least I'll 8-table and hopefully win some to put towards this as well.

08-31-2005, 08:51 PM
Congratulations on the wedding! Consider taking a lap top on your honeymoon, too. She may as well know what she's in for.

chief444
08-31-2005, 08:53 PM
Thank you.

But I better pass on the laptop. She knows what she's in for since I'm playing full time but I think I know what I'd be in for if I broke a laptop out on the honeymoon. /images/graemlins/grin.gif