PDA

View Full Version : KK dilemma in huge pot

gh9801
08-31-2005, 06:12 PM
Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (24.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (17.17 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 20.17 BB.

No reads... comments?

Argus
08-31-2005, 06:17 PM
No dilemma, nice fold. After a LRR and that sort of aggression he likely has AA with the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. He could have some other hands, but I figure they all have a heart in them unless he's a real maniac. Even against AA without a heart you don't have many effective outs.

If this is the sort of villain you really prefer to showdown against then check the turn behind and call a river bet. I only like this if villain is known to get out of line too often on scary boards.

gh9801
08-31-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No dilemma, nice fold. After a LRR and that sort of aggression he likely has AA with the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. He could have some other hands, but I figure they all have a heart in them unless he's a real maniac. Even against AA without a heart you don't have many effective outs.

If this is the sort of villain you really prefer to showdown against then check the turn behind and call a river bet. I only like this if villain is known to get out of line too often on scary boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confident I'm far behind here much of the time, but the pot's huge. If he's bluffing 5ish% of the time, I should be seeing a showdown

Evan
08-31-2005, 06:56 PM
Checking the turn would be much better here. Call the river if he bets, bet if he checks and call if he check raises.

W. Deranged
08-31-2005, 07:00 PM
I'm with Evan. I see absolutely no reason to bet this turn, like, ever.

An opponent with outs against you has a bunch of them killed because they'd put a flush on the board. You're going to be check-raised a ton here (in which case you have an easy fold) but a check might induce a bluff or a thin bet from a hand like QQ or something, and I'd like to see villain's cards if possible.

gh9801
08-31-2005, 07:38 PM
Checking behind makes sense. I just wanted to bet the scare card, but apparently there's no point to betting it anyways since villain seems to have KK beat and everything that beats KK is going to look me up anyways... I guess I should have gone for a cheap showdown. Ok.