PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a database (NO CONTENT)

baronzeus
08-31-2005, 05:55 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a 10/20 mined database (not your hands), preferably with > 200K hands and preferably recent. I looked at krishan's but it's only for one month /images/graemlins/frown.gif If anyone wants to sell send me a PM and name a fair price.

Thanks,

bz

DCWGaming
08-31-2005, 06:02 PM
Just a tip... You might want to start datamining on your own? How accurate do you think the data can be over time? Quite a few times in the past when i just had 1 huge database, I'd run across someone with crazy stats, and play them accordingly...only to find out that they've learned how to play.

I think they have a longer span of accuracy against players who have their game where they want it and arent changing it much... But I think personal notes are better than stats for them...

I make a new database every month, still use pokerace with the stats from last month until I am 1 or 2 weeks through the new month, and then switch to only the new database. Alot less surprisingly good plays from people I think are donks that way...

LImitPlayer
08-31-2005, 06:41 PM
You make a good point, however do you think it's worth it to keep restarting a database when you could possibly lose data on some players who you don't manage to catch playing while you are datamining?

DCWGaming
08-31-2005, 06:46 PM
I keep notes on the very good or very bad players. Anybody i dont happen to catch who i did play with last month wouldnt be a game altering player.

I do agree that it is a bit of a "leak", but I'd easily give up a handfull of marginal players stats for the ability to recognize when someone went from a 70/30 to a 25/20.

*edit*
Heh...but I am only .8BB/100 over 60k hands...so what do i know.