PDA

View Full Version : 3-flush becomes 3-of-a-kind

blumpkin22
08-31-2005, 05:46 PM
10/20 stud 5-handed $1 ante, $3 BI.

i bring in with the (A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif) 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. first to act Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif completes, three lower than Q non-:hearts: folded to me. i call. he had been completed a fair amount with the highest up-card, but nothing out of the ordinary for a 5-handed game.

4th street:
(xx) Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif
(A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif) 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

he checks, i bet, he raises, i 3-bet, he calls.

5th street:
(xx) Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
(A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif) 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

he bets, i call.

6th street:
(xx) Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
(A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif) 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

he checks, i check.

7th street:
(xx) Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (x)
(A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif) 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif (5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif)

he checks, i bet, he calls.

thoughts on all streets appreciated.

beta1607
08-31-2005, 06:04 PM
It has been a while since I made a strategy post - so watch for the rustyness.

I would only make the 3-bet on 4th if I thought I could get a free card on 4th I brick, obviously though no way you get a free card after he pairs his door but that happens
sometimes.

5th is standard.

6th I think you need to bet here when you make an open pair and he checks to you. If he decides to get tricky and C'r you then call down.

7th bet and call a raise if needed.

Would anybody raise 3rd after the completion - Its only 5 handed and you have a live flush + an over card to his door?

Roland
08-31-2005, 07:26 PM
3rd street:
I think both re-raising and calling is fine - since this is 5-handed and you said he had been stealing a lot there is a good chance you have the best hand, at least from a pot equity point of view; raising also gets you some information (although it’ll usually be of little value) and maybe a free card later in the hand. The obvious downside of re-raising is that he might 3-bet you, so you’re committing more $$$ to a pot you will have to give up often on 5th. I tend to mix it up.

4th street:
I can’t come up with a hand I would want to check-raise with if I were him. He’s probably just clueless. I 3-bet here every time.

5th street:
If the pot were a little smaller, or if you had no reason to doubt he started with queens, you should probably fold here. In this case you have to call though.

6th street:
I’d bet. You should have the best hand most of the time, and if he has trips you have a ton of outs. If you’re drawing to one out, so be it.

blumpkin22
08-31-2005, 08:59 PM
If I bet 6th and get check-raised, call down? Do you raise if you improve to a flush? improve to 2s full? Same question if he check-raises the river: do you 3-bet with flush? 2s full?

Roland
08-31-2005, 09:03 PM
I call it down, but wouldn’t raise at any point.

beta1607
08-31-2005, 09:10 PM
Call down on 6th he could be raising aces up or something and your hand is too strong to fold on 6th. I would raise twos full the vast majority of the time and when I don't it is because of a specific read.

As for 3 - betting your flush, I feel like this should be easy but I don't think it is upon further review. Originally I thought I would not 3 - bet a flush but thinking about it more, the relative strength of of your flush or twos full is the same against your opponents hand so I think I would 3 - bet a flush since I think he CRs 3 queens enough to make up for the times he has a FH.

Andy B
08-31-2005, 10:59 PM
I'd bet sixth, but otherwise fine.

blumpkin22
09-01-2005, 03:56 AM
Villain showed queens up (pocket 66 in the hole) and MHIG.

I agree with the posters that sixth should be a bet. I guess at the time I was just so confused by his check.

Not to justify the check, but is it possible he would have folded to a bet on sixth, and then called on seventh because he was confused by my sixth street check?