PDA

View Full Version : software to display basic odds on screen

Wynton
08-31-2005, 05:25 PM
Someone just told me about pokermods, which lets you download some new images of Party skins, including images that display basic odds at the table.

But I'd rather have the same info displayed elsewhere on my desktop, so that it is also available for other sites (and without altering the table images otherwise). Does anyone have a link to a simple image I can post on my screen, to remind me of basic odds (in the futile hope that I might actually memorize them one day)?

Sniper
08-31-2005, 06:55 PM
Open book, write odds on post it, put whereever you find convenient!

08-31-2005, 07:37 PM
My desktop wallpaper is an odds chart - PM me if you want me to email it to you.

SheridanCat
08-31-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Open book, write odds on post it, put whereever you find convenient!

[/ QUOTE ]

But that's not software, man! Come on, too easy.

Better yet, memorize the odds. Yeah, I know, also not software.

Regards,

T

Wynton
09-01-2005, 10:55 AM
Hey, I know this is pretty silly, believe me.

Yes, I could handwrite the numbers on a post-it, or type them into some text. But I'm afraid I won't make a habit of looking at the numbers then. I thought if I had a nice, bright chart right on my screen, next to the table - no matter what site I'm using - I'd be forced to memorize the odds.

Maybe I should just have my 10 year old quiz me with a few flash cards.

09-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Since my odds chart is on my wallpaper, I'm pretty much forced to look at it when I'm playing. I'm getting to the point now where I've learned most of it, and probably won't need it soon.

Sniper
09-01-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But that's not software, man! Come on, too easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... ok... 3M Post It note software (the lite version is free)...
http://www.3m.com/market/office/postit/com_prod/psnotes/