PDA

View Full Version : 2 pair folded on river???

fathertime
08-31-2005, 05:18 PM
50NL: I have 100 BB. Villain has me covered.

Villain a bit too aggressive but decent. Liberally calls raises, with any ace from any position, any sc's. Likes to steal. As I review the hand I think K9 more likely than Hero having a 5 or 999.

I'm not positive I'm ahead here (the min-raise worried me). But I certainly want to get to showdown. I wish I had checked turn and called a river bet. Any thoughts on hand appreciated.

100BB.
Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Hero raises to 1.5; Villain calls from sb.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Villain checks. Hero bets 2.5 into 3.5 pot. Villain calls.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Villain checks. Hero bets 6 into 8.5 pot. Villain min-raises. Hero calls.

River: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Villain puts hero all in. Hero folds.

Final Pot:

jkkkk
08-31-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but decent. Liberally calls raises, with any ace from any position, any sc's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oxymoron.

Anyhow, it looks ugly, I fold the river.

elus2
08-31-2005, 05:29 PM
check the turn next time. bloating the pot with that hand on a paired board is generally a bad idea.

ajmargarine
08-31-2005, 05:36 PM
Check behind on the turn. As played, you either have to call his mini c/r and see the hand thru, or fold to it on the turn. Being in the middle like this is a costly leak.

fathertime
08-31-2005, 05:44 PM
I know--but villain was playing decently post-flop--and catching cards--at least against me. 2 pair to beat my AA (I only lost $15 though). Rivered inside str8t to crack my kings (had him all in on turn). Ugh.

How do you like checking the turn and calling a reasonable river bet?

fathertime
08-31-2005, 05:45 PM
Thanks.