PDA

View Full Version : Geico Caveman comercials

tek
08-31-2005, 04:58 PM
I think it's very funny that the cavemen are depicted as gay. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

edfurlong
08-31-2005, 05:42 PM
Not cool man.

NOT COOL!

Eurotrash
08-31-2005, 05:43 PM
I didn't think they were going for "gay" so much as sophisticated. i like this commercial though, very funny.

DemonDeac
08-31-2005, 05:43 PM
i hate those commercials

TheBlueMonster
08-31-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think they were going for "gay" so much as sophisticated. i like this commercial though, very funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

08-31-2005, 05:55 PM
yeah these caveman commercials are very disturbing to those of us who walk fully upright.

The robot gecko is stupid. That pasty white dude spokesman is stupid, the whole company is stupid and they rip off their customers.

But I do like how they dumb their commercials down to those who fit the description of their target-audience/potential customers. Very slick by their marketing group.

imported_CaseClosed326
08-31-2005, 05:57 PM
That might be my favorite commercial of all time.

DemonDeac
08-31-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they're def going for the sophistication, and for some reason i found it annoying. i honestly dont know why, it just pisses me off to see those neanderthals act sophisticated and then they're just obnoxious to the guy who says "even a caveman can do it"

KDawgCometh
08-31-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JaBlue
08-31-2005, 08:04 PM
those are the two hairiest guys on the planet according to ripley's believe it or not (I think)

LoaferGee12
08-31-2005, 08:11 PM
While on the topic of commercials, does anyone else hate the commercials w/ Joan Cusack as much as I do?

08-31-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i hate those commercials

[/ QUOTE ]

STLantny
08-31-2005, 08:14 PM
YES! The funniest commercial imo, of all time, is when teh geico guy takes the caveman out to apologize.
Nothing for me, I seemed to have lost my appetite. HAHAHAHA

jokerthief
08-31-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
those are the two hairiest guys on the planet according to ripley's believe it or not (I think)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not likely, anyone with hypertrichosis is way hairier.

http://www.auelfans.ca/discus/messages/4/2368.jpg

whiskeytown
08-31-2005, 08:43 PM
the one who lost his appetite looks like Val Kilmer -

RB

STLantny
08-31-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the one who lost his appetite looks like Val Kilmer -

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

HAH, ya that is another reason its funny.

tek
09-01-2005, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, metro at the least. Did you see the one before the restaurant where they are in their apartment? Neat as a pin. Nice clothes. One caveman is playing the piano in another room.

Their species secretly survive for 20,000 years, yet they are not "sophisticated" enough to shave or get laser hair removal /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Geico does dumb down their commercials (most companies do), yet this commercial series is funny on a few levels.

tek
09-01-2005, 09:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The robot gecko is stupid. That pasty white dude spokesman is stupid, the whole company is stupid and they rip off their customers.

But I do like how they dumb their commercials down to those who fit the description of their target-audience/potential customers. Very slick by their marketing group.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate the reptile and pasty dude too. Not funny to me in the least.

I also didn't get the joke about "to those in Michigan I didn't know it was meatloaf" or something like that. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Lazymeatball
09-01-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Geico does dumb down their commercials (most companies do), yet this commercial series is funny on a few levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I also didn't get the joke about "to those in Michigan I didn't know it was meatloaf" or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically he's going door to door, and while he was at some family's house, he must have insulted their cooking by not recognizing it as meatloaf or something. Not that diffiuclt. Even you couldn't understand this 'dumbed down' commercial?

And what's all this complaining about 'dumbing down' their commercials. It's a commercial, not some sort of sophisticated high art for chrissakes. What do you expect, "The importance of being Earnest" in 30 seconds?

Crveballin
09-01-2005, 09:55 AM
"Ill have the roast duck with the mango salsa"

codewarrior
09-01-2005, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the whole company... rip(s) off their customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

How so?

tek
09-01-2005, 10:28 AM
I didn't see that he was going to people's houses. I saw the meatloaf one and the one where he does the robot.

As far as high art, no--but cleverness is expected. Did you know there is an annual award show for the best commercials?

I began watching the Clio awards (http://www.clioawards.com/html/main.isx) 25 years ago when they came out in film and video.

B Dids
09-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Wow.

You're not a very bright guy, are you.

The joke is like hitting you in the fact, and you're not getting it.

These commercials rule and I will now be using them as a metric to determine people's worth as a person. If you said you don't like them, you should probably set yourself on fire.

09-01-2005, 11:37 AM
A girl hit my car once and she had Geico. I got estimates and was going to use the cheapest one I found, b/c she went to school with me and I'm a nice guy. Anyway, I found a guy who was going to charge $400 to fix my car. I sent it to Geico and they said the damage was $600 and they wanted me to go to a "better mechanic" and spend $600. Strange. Anyway, I told the mechanic about it since they were going to cut a check to him. He agreed to split the extra $200 by keeping $100, and giving me $100. He could have kept it all b/c it was in his name. Anyway, I gave the $100 to the girl since her insurance was about to go up and I told her that the claim was only going to be $400, but Geico made it $600.

She wasn't too happy about that. Needless to say, the mechanic I chose did a great job (although it took him a bit longer than I wanted).

djoyce003
09-01-2005, 11:46 AM
I think these are pretty good as well.

"i'll have the roast duck, with the mango salsa"

tek
09-02-2005, 02:43 AM
You must not be very bright. I do like the caveman commercials. What part of 'I think it's very funny' did you not get?

Jurollo
09-02-2005, 03:35 AM
The Tiny House commercial is great...

"There love was built to last, but the house was... built... too small"

"This is kinda awesome!"
~Justin